Thursday, March 12, 2020

Jack’s Winning Words  3/12/20
“A lie doesn’t become truth, wrong doesn’t become right and evil doesn’t become good just because it’s accepted by a majority.”  (Booker T. Washington)  BTW was born during the Civil War and grew up to be a respected educator, businessman and adviser to presidents.  As I reread his quote, I sense that he’d be more than distressed at what has become of truth and the moral life.  Truth is truth; right is right; Did you ever hear, “Just because everyone’s doing it…?”  ;-)  Jack


FROM  THE CHIEF:  On the Chief's office bulletin board:"  "Right is right, even if everyone is against it and wrong is wrong, even if everyone if for it".  (William Penn)===JACK:  Old Wm Penn had some good things to say.  The 10 Commandments have continued to be relevant.

FROM  HONEST JOHN:  “Truth is Truth”.  I always suspected that you are not a real Relativist....just a guy from Moline searching for the truth....and one of the most admirable people I know===JACK:  I try to escape labels.  Like Popeye, "I yams what I yams."

FROM GOOD DEBT JON: Everything I've read would confirm your statement.  Have a great day sir...===JACK:  Are there any new thoughts, or do we simply restate truths that have already been expressed?  ....or lies, also?  I miss talking with you.



I

No comments: