Thursday, November 07, 2019

Jack’s Winning Words 11/7/19
“Don’t try to solve serious matters in the middle of the night.”  (Philip Dick)  This is one of those quotes that”s easier said than done.  During WW 2 and the London Blitz, an elderly lady was able to sleep soundly in the subway with sound of exploding bombs interrupting the sleep of others near her.  “I close my eyes, say my prayers, and the rest is up to God.”  Maybe that’s the advice we should follow when the “What-if ghosts” persist in keeping us awake.   ;-)  Jack


FROM TRIHARDER:  Or first thing in the morning after you wake up.  Wait until later in the day. I try to project myself to some time in the future when I know I'll be calm.===JACK:  Sometimes easier said than done.  But, some people are forceful than others in speaking to their ghosts.

FROM CA IN MN:  It seems my new middle of the night was my last week's time to get up.  As we are all adjusting to our new daylight normal time this made me laugh.  Thank you
===JACK:  There should be some yoga pose that makes it easier to get up in the middle of the night.

FROM WALMART REV:  Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake, I pray to God my soul to take.
If I should live for other days,  I pray the Lord to guide my ways. 0😉
===JACK:  That's a good prayer for those awake times in the night. 

FROM INDY GENIE:  Love this! So timely for me. I’m remodeling my bathroom and decisions about bathtubs, tile, toilets, etc were waking me up at night! Is it wrong to pray about a toilet? Haha:) ===JACK:  God made us in such a way that toilets have become necessary for homes.  Although it's not mentioned in the Bible, I'm sure that Jesus had to "go to the bathroom," too.

FROM SY:  I look forward to your WWs each morning.  Today's message was especially powerful.  I'm a worrier-always planning for the worst.  I'm gonna try to leave it in God's hands!===JACK:  There's a song with these words..."Take your burden to the Lord and leave it there."  Some of have trouble with that last part.

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  i will say, however, that there are times when i get a huge burst of inspiration in the middle of the night.  so, yes, it can work both ways.   for you or against you. ===JACK:  I have a friend who keeps a recorder by his bedside so that he can record those bursts of energy.  I used to write them in a little book.  You probably whisper them in M's ear. ===SP:  if i did that i might get a slap in the face.  she likes to sleep undisturbed:):):):) 

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:    Worry doesn’t keep me from sleeping - pain does.  But I use the time for praying so it’s okay===JACK:  When I read your words I thought of this song.  Perhaps you have sung it, or heard it.
I once was lost in sin but Jesus took me in
And then a little light from heaven fill my soul
He bathed my heart in love and He wrote my name above
And just a little talk with Jesus makes me whole
Now let us have a little talk with Jesus
Let us tell Him all about our troubles
He will hear our faintest cry, He will answer by and by
And when you feel a little prayer wheel turnin'
And you will know a little fire is burnin'
Find a little talk with Jesus makes it right
I may have doubts and fears, my eye be filled with tears
But Jesus is a friend who watches day and night
I go to him in prayer, He knows my every care
And just a little talk with my Jesus makes it right

Now let us have a little talk with Jesus
Let us tell Him all about our troubles
He will hear our faintest cry, He will answer by and by
And when you feel a little prayer wheel turnin'
And you will know a little fire is burnin'
You will find a little talk with Jesus makes it right

FROM NORM'S BLOG:  Good advice, but hard to implement. I had a recent night of fitful sleep as I tried to search for the solution to an upcoming matter. During that process, I also recalled this advice and started thinking about what it is that keeps me, and perhaps others, up at night in search of solutions. While I occasionally spend a restless night trying to solve problems involving things (perhaps a repair issue with the house or a problem with a car), more often than not the matters that really keep me up at night involve people. That is especially true in situations where I imagine that a confrontation of some sort
will occur.===JACK:  I've found more good than bad in my sleepless nights.

No comments: