Tuesday, November 05, 2019

Jack’s Winning Words 11/5/19
“You see, but you do not observe.”  (Arthur Conan Doyle)  Shelock Holmes was a great detective, because he was able to see obvious clues.  Most of us are like Dr. Watson, oblivious to the world around us.  Perhaps it’s my occupation, but I see God in unexpected places in this world, while others might simply pass by the same places.  Today I observe God in the changing seasons, in choices I’ve made, in people I’ve interacted with.  Take time to observe!   ;-)  Jack


FROM PEE WEE:  Thank you, Jack. I notice things in my grandchildren that I know I surpassed when my own kids were little. The more we know, the more we see.===JACK:  It's a beautiful world out there where you take time to "observe." 

FROM BB  IN CHGO:   Yes!  One of my favorite “religious” often said, “there are no coincidences” just folks failing to recognize the handiwork of God!===JACK:  We have a jar on our kitchen counter...coincidences or miracles.  When a strange event happens in our life we write it down and drop it in the jar.  I should review them sometime.===BB:  I like those words as well; they are gracious in a time when thoughtfulness seems left by the waysisde.

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  good words for today,  Jack.   thanks

FROM WALMART REV:  "...even in the midst of ones' unwelcomed judgment, God can be seen with His new offered direction being laced with grace and forgiveness." 0;-)===JACK:  God is great, God is good, and so we thank Him......

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  We call it “God sightings”.  We see them quite often in our daily lives....if we just look!===JACK:  When did you last "see" God?===JUDY:  We were playing Bible Trivia in the car with Andy and his kids.  The question was “Who did God make men lower than?”
Melanie said “Women”.  We laughed hard and I remember thinking, God has to be smiling!



No comments: