Thursday, November 21, 2019

Jack’s Winning Words 11/21/19
“May every sunrise bring you hope.  May every sunset bring you peace.”  (Native American blessing sent by Kitty)  I also see hope and peace between the sunset and the sunrise; therefore, I can pray at bedtime: ”Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep.  If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.”  So, whether we live, or whether we die, God is with us and we are with God.  The cycle of birth and death - hope and peace!   ;-)  Jack


FROM WALMART REV:Remembering the opening line today on the old Dr. Ben Casey's TV series (on ABC from 1961 to 1966), "Man, woman, birth, death, infinity!" I like yours better, Jack!! 0;-) ===jJACK:  ..Here in St Joe it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!===REV:  lways a beautiful day in Minnesota when you have a special friend to share it with-- even when 10-20 degrees below zero!! 0;-)===JACK:  "I've got my love to keep me warm."

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  HOPE and PEACE,, two very good words for Christians, ...
and every soul on earth. I like this meditation a lot!===JACK:  A pastor used to begin his daily radio program this way..."Up. up and away...this is God's day...are you going God's way?"===OAKS:  Yes, that  was Reuben Youngdahl? I used that as my ."thought for the day" on my S.S. background sheet a couple of weeks ago.===JACK:  WOW!   I'm impressed that you knew.
...
...

FROM  BB IN CHGO:  I still love it prayer, though I do not pray it often anymore.
I thought it was strange (but sort of beautiful) when I heard “thy love stay with me through the night and wake me with the early light”. As a Child, I never thought twice about praying, “if I die before I wake”===JACK:  I wonder when we first become aware of "dying?"  A pet?  A family member?  The first dead person I remember seeing was a neighbor's mother..in a casket''in a funeral home'

FROM QUILTING CAROL:  When our children were little, we used to say a prayer similar to yours at bedtime.  The kids didn’t like the thought of dying during the night so we started praying this:
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep.  Thy love stay with me through the night until the morning brings it’s light.===JACK:  I wonder when (if ever) we become comfortable with "dying?"

FROM DS IN SOCAL:  My favorite prayer as a "kid".  Of course, at the end I always added  "God bless mommy, daddy, Wayne, Roland and all my friends.  Amen  Fond memories.  



  
.


No comments: