Monday, November 25, 2019

Jack’s Winning Words 11/25/19
“Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.”  (Dr. Seuss)  Do you have moments from your past that have turned into valuable memories?  I remember times spent reading Dr Seuss books with my children…The Grinch Who Stole Christmas is one of them.  Soon, a TV rerun is going to refresh my memory. Ted Geisel (Dr S) was raised in a religious family.  The influence of family moments shows in his work.   ;-)  Jack. 


FROM BLAZING OAKS:  .===
LOVE Dr. Seuss! Just used his THE SNEETCHES" as a
children's message at church. Once dressed as the Cat In
the Hat, and led a weekend retreat using the book "The
Gospel According to Dr. Seuss"...used videos of this stories
and led discussions on them. Fun!  He was so clever!
Often read his books to my kids, g.kids and now great g.kids…!===JACK:  I heard these Seuss words used as a graduation speech....Oh, the Places You'll Go!
..
Congratulations!
Today is your day.
You're off to Great Places!
You're off and away!  ...and more

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  An art museum used to have a wonderful show of his work! It is interesting that he lived in La Jolla California where I spent the summer of 1946! The museum is in safety harbor-just a few miles from our home in Tampa! Happy thanksgiving to you and your family! 😎😎😎===JACK:  H...since he ow about watching The Grinch Who Stole Christmas....this year?

FROM MAMA ERIN:  So my son and I were saying the Lord’s Prayer the other night at bed. He asks about every word. “Momma, what does glory mean?” “What is a Kingdom”

My favorite was the other night when he asked about trespasses. I told him they were when we make mistakes, when we do something we should not have. His response? “Well momma, I have a lot of trespasses.” Kid, so do we all. So do we all....

peace to you this holiday season. ===JACK:  If you haven't done so already, you've got to make a collection of  of his sayings.  They are gems.  I will try to work them into Winning Words..."Out of the mouths of babes..."  

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  this one was worth waiting for!    (as they almost all are:):):) ===JACK:    You'd better watch out; you'd better not pout...or Winning Words might stop coming to you!

FROM WALMART REV:  .our post brought back a memory and experience I had in the fall of 1965 when after graduating from high school earlier in that spring and now wasn't sure what my next step was or what I wanted to do with my life. While sitting at home watching a daily late afternoon movie before heading out to the usual evening of bowling in a league, I found myself watching the movie, I'd Climb the Highest Mountain with Susan Hayward and William Lundigan. It was somewhat like an episode from Little House on the Prairie, where in 1910, a city girl named Mary Elizabeth Eden marries William Asbury Thompson, a Protestant preacher beginning his first ministry in the rural community of Mossy Creek, Georgia. Suddenly when engulfed with tears for whatever the reason, that was the occasion I felt called into the ministry and what I've been about over the past 50 years. 0;-)===JACK:  Do you know thr hymn...God moves in a mysterious way, His wonders to perform?  ''' You've lived it!
FROM EDUCATOR PAUL:  Go see The new Mr. RODGERS movie ( Tom Hanks) with Joan! ===JACK:    

No comments: