Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Jack’s Winning Words 11/13/19
“Wow!  Face it…God’s crazy about you!”  (Bob Langseth)  On Confirmation Sunday Pastor  Langseth had the congregation read the 23rd Psalm this way, “The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want (saying after each verse…)…Wow!  Face it…God’s crazy about you.” etc.  I wish I could have been there.  I’m always looking for ways to make “church” interesting and relevant.  Now, go out and enjoy your day...because God’s crazy about you…!  Yes, you!   ;-)  Jack 


FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:      That’s something we should all remember!  God’s crazy about All of us!  I’ll remember that phrase and say it often!===JACK:  The Lord is YOUR shepherd, because He's crazy about YOU!

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  i once saw a bumper sticker that read:  "I'm just crazy about mental health!":):):)===JACK:  Crazy is an interesting word, isn't it....an onomatopoeia word.===SP:  did you ever encounter that word in a spelling bee?:):):)   onomotop...===JACK:  An Optimist friend (a judge) taught it to me...one of the things I didn't learn in school.  I still can't spell it without computer assist.

FROM GURU CA:  Good morning. These words made me SMILE. Thank you===JACK:  There's a song...When you're smilin', the whole world smiles with you.

FROM CG:  HI Jack!  I’m still loving reading all your messages each morning===JACK:  I hope that your work and your "cause" are going well.  You're a winner! 

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  My mother thought that it would be a good idea for me to go to all of the Bible schools in Moline! So I did! The full gospel was the most different!===JACK:  ...and I'll bet that you and God met at each of them.

FROM DR J:  I like that God is crazy about me… I’m crazy about God too! A match made in heaven ;-)  I’m praying for Jimmy Carter… what a man and what a life!  Also for RBGinsberg… what a woman and what a life!===JACK:  You're crazy!  Crazy GOOD!

FROM MARMAR:  Is this Bob Langseth who was pastor in Wisconsin Rapids I think when I was a teen in the 60's?===JACK:  You're right!  It's the same pastor.  At  that time, he was the pastor in Unity.  He's now retired and living in Calumet.

No comments: