Thursday, November 14, 2019

Jack’s Winning Words 11/14/19
“The world of the happy is quite different from that of the unhappy.”  (Ludwig Witherspoon)  If you could trade places, whose place would you take?  The President?  How about a sports star? or your next door neighbor?  Honest Abe wrote”  We are about as happy as we make up our mind to be.”  Happiness is in the mind.  I’ve read that the “rich and famous” have their share of heartaches.  Although I liked Jonathan Winters…no trading places with him.   ;-)  Jack  


FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:    remember that song sung with the Russian accent?   Don't vorry, be happsky!     love it!===JACK:  Sung by Putin?===SP:  i think he was a soloist in the old KGB concert choir:):):)    Jail House Rock was one of their favorites along with Hank William's big hit     I'm In The Jail House Now.

FROM WALMART REV:  I think I'll hang onto me too, Jack! 0;-)===JACK:  Yep!  I've never met another preacher like you

FROM NORM'S BLOG:  Do you know someone who seems always to be unhappy? How about someone who seems to be happy all the time? Which would you rather be around today?  You might choose to be around the happy person – their world is a happy, pleasant place to be. There are smiles and laughter and good feelings that are contagious; whereas the dark world of the unhappy person is foreboding and full of frowns and tears and sorrow – not a pleasant place to be. The two worlds are different and those who choose to abode in it with them are impacted by that difference.  So, the choice is to be dragged down into an unhappy world or to be lifted up in joy by a happy environment.  Your world, and your day, will be quite different, depending upon which choice you make.===JACK:  I couldn't have said it better.

FROM GOOD DEBT JON:  I've thought about this, I like being me.===JACK:  Nat King Cole said it well: "Stay as sweet as you are."

FROM LBP:  Chris and I like to share a quote jokingly w each other that fits today’s WW. It’s said by the character Chandler in Friends
Phoebe: "Monica is going to rue the day that she put me in charge of cups and ice."
Chandler: "You know, I rued the day once. Didn't get a whole lot else done."
When I get to fretting or fussing about something I don’t get much else done. I guess it moves me into that unhappy world. ===JACK:  Sometimes I rue the week.===LBP:  oh dear! now that's getting into an 'unhappy world' mindset for sure.===JACK:  ...but, then I find some stimulating Winning Words, and the "rue" vanishes.

FROM JLF:  This reminds me of mom’s saying-If everyone put their “shoes” in a pile, would you risk taking someone else’s?  Or would you keep your own?... She thought most people would keep their own shoes.  Mom was so wise.===JACK:  We are happy/unhappy when we remember...as we choose to be.  In this case, choose the happy remembrance!

FROM RS IN TEXAS:  I wouldn't trade places with anyone, because if I did I would not have the family and friends that I have, and that is unacceptable.===JACK:  Sometimes I'm envious....but after I learn a little more, the feeling vanishes.  It's pretty  comfortable, being in my own shoes.

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  I am very very happy with my life as it is today!===JACK:  I think that that goes for most of us.

FROM GUSTIE MARLYS:  I wouldn’t trade places with anyone.  I have had my share of ups and downs, but so has everyone else.  I have lived a pretty good life I think.===JACK:  I wouldn't even want to be younger....been there, done that!===GM:  Me neither!  I think we were young at the best time ever.  We were naive and could trust people—we were free to walk downtown with no fear!  And our parents taught us right from wrong and disciplined us when we needed it===JACK:  As Archie and Edith sang: "Those were the days."

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  God made me me and that’s who I am and that’s who I’ll be!

























  

No comments: