Tuesday, November 05, 2019

Jack’s Winning Words 11/4/19
“My goal is not to be better than anyone else, but to be better than I used to be.”  (Wayne Dyer)  The other day I was listening to a football coach describe preparation for the next game.  “We will be setting goals!”  In goal-setting you clarify what you want to accomplish; you create measureable steps to get there; you commit yourself to achieve the goal.  Your goal might be to create a healthier you, or simply to create a you who’s better than the ordinary you    ;-)  Jack  


FROM NORM'S BLOG:  In a world seemingly oriented to goal setting and daily To-Do lists that seem to dictate our use of time, Dyer’s advice seems to be most appropriate. In fact, if you threw away your current To-Do list and just wrote down “Be a better person today than I used to be”, you will have recorded the most important thing that you could spend your time on today. It is a goal, which will help you accomplish all of the important things that you need to do today.===JACK:  I still have to make a "to do" list today, if I'm going to get done the things that need to be done.  Tomorrow...the same.

No comments: