Friday, November 15, 2019

ack’s Winning Words 11/15/19
“Be selective of your battles, for sometimes peace is better than being right.”  (Sent by Kathy Marsceau)  I’m sitting here thinking about how choice has affected my life.   Of course, I did not choose the circumstances of my birth, but personal choices have determined where I am today.  There’s a song…My God and I.  I see God as an active partner in my choices—not that he makes them for me, but he’s there to nudge me.  Have you ever felt that way about your life?  ;-)  Jack


FROM RE:  Good morning!  This quote has been the foundation of my current relationship. Divorce has a way of putting life, but especially relationships, in perspective. I feel like a much happier and healthier person from adopting this outlook of choosing your battles. Life's too short to sweat the small stuff.===JACK:  I'm a believer in the idea that good can come out of bad if you look for it in a positive way...and work at it.

FROM EDUCATOR PAUL:  One fad going around right now (especially for “seniors” is....”if you could now meet yourself at 20 years old... what advice would you give?”===JACK:  Winning Words gives me that platform...and I enjoy it.  Some 20-yr-olds are readers.

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  i have felt that way most of my life.     i also like the line,    you can win the battle and lose the war OR you can  lose the battle and win the war. (later on)    your choice... 
===JACK:  The Reformation was a significant battle...I had 2 or 3 in my ministry.

FROM NORM'S BLOG:  The use of the word “peace” in the quote is interesting. Obviously, it refers to being at peace with those with whom you might disagree. In the current political environment, one might substitute the word civility. Things would certainly be better in Washington if the politicians could find a way to act with civility towards those with whom they disagree. ===JACK:  In today's political climate I see people willing to give up basic values in order to hold on to perceived political turf.  That appears to have moved to a general willingness to forego basic values.  Sad

FROM DB IN WB:  I remember Johnathan Winters. He had a show back in the 70s? Then he was on Mork and Mindy, and he did occasional guest appearances. He was from Dayton, OH. I lived there for a while. I wonder if he moved back while I was there. I didn’t follow him …. What type of woes did he have? I remember hearing of his passing (2012 or 2013). I knew someone who knew him. (but he’s gone, too)===JACK:  All I know about Jonathan is what I've seen on TV and what Google tells me.  I like his improv....maybe because this life of ours is improv.

No comments: