Monday, March 11, 2019

 Jack’s Winning Words 3/11/19
“Something to keep in mind… When one thing comes to an end, another thing begins.”  (From the movie, Love Happens)  These words were said as the Jennifer Anniston movie was ending…a great wrap-up of the story.  It happens in real-life, too.  Tragedy isn’t always the end.  The song, “Look for the Silver Lining” was written after WW 1.  Enough of that war stuff…and the Roaring Twenties came along.  Having a bad day?  A new and better day is ahead!   ;-)  Jack

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Jan and I used to sing that old song "Look For...Lining" way back in H.S. when we'd go out to do programs for Rotary, or Kiwanis, etc. Memories s of long ago.  The something that begins after something ends, especially, where love is concerned, can be  quite A different life....satisfying in many ways, but never the same...Still, every age has its blessings. It is wonderful that you can continue your WW (in any; way that works!) . I enjoy chatting with you every day. Kind of late in the day today! Had my garage door fixed, a dental app't. for cleaning (always thankful that's all I needed!),  take money to a friend who lost her glasses, and didn't have the means to replace them, dinner with John and Jan, who are doing well, now that Martha's funeral is over  and all our family has left, as of last night. I needed to put my feet up and catch up with the 3 newspapers I haven'[t had time to read this past weekend! :-) Stay well, dear Jack!  Enjoying the milder weather! ===JACK:  Songs are great when they have a catchy tune, but even better with meaningful lyrics.  "look for the Silver Lining" is a perfect example.  "When You're Smiling" is another.  So many!

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  The sun is shining, I woke up and I’m where I want to be!  God is Good!===JACK:  I like seasonal weather...it makes me appreciate the comings and goings of winter, spring, summer and fall. No snowbirding for me.

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  Enjoy each day!===JACK:  From what I recall, you learned that lesson from your mother.===SHIRL:  Probably and just from living for a long time!

No comments: