Friday, March 15, 2019

Jack’s Winning Words 3/15/19
“If you’re lucky, you won’t believe in luck.”  (Nick Rodelo)  A Michigan couple plays the lottery and in 55 weeks has won $27 million.  No lucky numbers; no rubbing a rabbit’s foot. They simply figured out a way to beat the odds.  The word, luck, has its origin with the Dutch.  It means good fortune or happiness, like when the Publisher’s Clearing House knocks at your door.  Real luck?  It’s to know that God loves and cares for you and wants the best for you.   ;-)  Jack 

FROM SF IN FLA:  After a G’s stroke, I exclaimed to Rabbi L how lucky we were. His reply: “You are not lucky, you are BLESSED.” I have stopped saying that I am lucky when good things happen and replacing it with I am blessed! And yes, I am!===JACK:  That same conversation has happened in my life recently, as well.  I will want to talk with you about that when the "birds" fly back to Michigan.

FROM ME IN NEWPORT BEACH:  However, I also believe that attitude is important; if you feel lucky, you will be lucky.  Have a nice weekend and enjoy St. Patrick’s day.===JACK:  Speaking of "luck of the Irish," are you who believes that finding a 4-leaf clover will bring good luck...or that some people are luckier than others?  or, should I say, "Some people seem to be unluckier than others, regardless of attitude."  ...but, you are right.  Attitude can make a difference.

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  I feel very lucky and count my blessings every day! Right now Ann and I are in Columbus Ohio to celebrate our great grandsons fifth birthday! We drove up yesterday through West Virginia and the Appalachians! What a beautiful country!===JACK:  I would comment that you are "blessed."  God is good!

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  I agree with those in your blog today that blessed is a better word than lucky, and like them, I feel truly blessed, in spite of some significant losses in my life.(And who
doesn't experience those, in old age?!)  I can't recall which successful person said this, It might
have been Mr. Kraft speaking at Green Lake, WI, AB Conference Grounds, but I remember the quote: "The harder I work, the luckier I get~!" There's a lot of truth in that, and it stuck with me! :-)
===JACK:  That quote was a hard one to trace.  It is commonly (but falsely) attributed to Thomas Jefferson.  The best evidence leads to someone named, Coleman Cox.  I agree "Blessed" is a better word than "lucky."

FROM ST PAUL IN MESA:  Jack, i have always wondered where does the Pub. Clearing House sweepstakes get ALL that money they supposed give away??===JACK:  PCH is a big company which sells lots of magazines and lots of ads.  Their "orize" money is a drop in the bucket for them.

FROM LBP:  Today's happy song: Good to be alive. Though it came out a couple of years ago with the Peanut's movie, I was "lucky" to hear it on my music streaming service.   Happy Friday!!     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L6qQnQUAo0
===JACK:  Yes, it is a great day to be alive...depending on your focus.===LBP:  There are some really sucky things to focus on. Global warming and predicted destruction in my lifetime is among them. But, if you're just needing a boost, here is another little ditty.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkCyfBibIbI
===JACK:  I have some good things to focus on...Thankfully!

FROM ME IN NEWPORT BEACH:  Not particularly.  Probably.  You can say that.  Happy St. Patrick’s day.  Our house has lots of green today. Are you a UM and Mich State fan?  Do you fill out a NCAA bracket sheet?===JACK:  In your home September 29 should be far more important that March 17.   I am a solid Univ of Michigan fan.  I'm for any team that plays MSU.  In fact, I may not watch this afternoon's game.  I could not stand a 3-loss season to the Green & White (fans).  And, NO, I don't fill out a bracket.  Son David and daughter Jeanne are into that stuff.  I suppose you do.  BTW. Sept 29 is St. Michael's Day.  It's also known as Goose Day, and a goose is eaten.  There's a saying: "Eat a goose on St. Michael's Day...Want not for money all the year....so eating a goose is luckier for you than finding a 4-leaf clover.

No comments: