Thursday, March 07, 2019

Jack’s Winning Words 3/7/19
“I can dream of the old days…Let the memory live again.”  (Webber/Nunn)  I have a fond memory of being in Toronto and seeing the musical, Cats.  4th row on the aisle.  Great show and great music, especially the song, Memory.  One of life’s blessings is to be able to recall… the good times, the people.  How sad when the memory fades.  Today, why not spend some time dreaming about the old days.  What comes to your mind?  Let the memory live again!   ;-) Jack

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  My first trip to California in 1946 and moving to the Bahamas in 1958 and then to Ann Arbor in 1961 and finally to Florida in 1963! It has been a great journey.===JACK:  Yes, you have worn your traveling boots quite often.  Your Eastern experience certainly has made it easier, too.

FROM ST PAUL IN MESA:  a very happy and carefree childhood in Ferguson, MO,  (of all places).  it was wonderful.  almost every memory makes me smile.  take care,  Jack.    and you TOO are a good memory of mine from as far back as 1972!===JACK: The first days of ministry bring back good memories, don't they?  ...at least for me.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  The huge family parties on Saturdays.  There would be my two sets of grandparents, and 5 sets of aunts and uncles and 29 kids all ages.  We had a huge double lot and had a full baseball diamond on the grassy lot.  The Tiger Baseball game would be on and all of us kids, except the babies, played baseball.  Then we’d have a water game, play games, climb trees, play in the empty count ditch.  We were outside all day.  There were big tubs of ice...one filled with beer and one filled with pop and juice.  More often then not, there were friends and neighbors over too.  What a wonderfully blessed time!!!===JACK:  No wonder they're called "the good old days.  They really were.

FROM MPPD:  I always liked that song.  Did you ever see the original 1982 movie Blade Runner?  As he is dying at the end, Rutger Hauer has this fairly famous line referencing memories: ===JACK:  I've got to check that out.  Isn't it interesting how memories come back to us at strange times?  Today is poignant for me.

FROM MY LAWYER:  At the moment, March Madness!!!===JACK:  So many hopes that the beginning...and only one survives to cut down the nets....and, the, it's "wait 'til next year."

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Memories ARE so precious!  I witnessed this firsthand when my twin had the stroke that wiped out her memories.  It was devastating for her, and the entire family...not to
remember growing up with siblings, having and raising your children, your marriage...having to re-learn everything...What a blessing to recall and relive highlights in your past!  I agree that Cats is one the most innovative musicals ever written, and "Memory" is a great song.  It is being presented in Springfield again in late March, and I'll be there! :-)===JACK:  I can't imagine what it's like, not to be able to recall.  We that so many things, like memory, for granted.  We are blessed in so many ways.  I remember one time when I was on a hayride with the twins.  They were the life of the party!






No comments: