Monday, March 18, 2019

Jack’s Winning Words 3/18/19
“As long as I’m alive, I’ll keep my head up high…because I’m strong in body and smart in mind.”  (Run DMC)  A new gym opened in our town with slogans like: Planet Fitness may have saved my life and Judgment-free Zone and This is my Temple.  Slogans can motivate us to action.  To be invited to a judgment-free gym is a non-threatening welcome.  Another gym offers this come-on…Everyone needs a tune-up.  The Bible refers to the body as “the Temple of God.”    Shape it up!   ;-)  Jack

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  ...And laugh a lot! A good sense of humor cures almost all of life's problems. Never underestimate the power of a kind word or caring deed. If we're things to say and do! As Bill used to say after his heart arrest (on the handball court at the "Y" when he was 58) "Today is all you have for sure, make it count!". Time is fleeting...===JACK:  I,  too, played handball at the Y.  It's a really strenuous sport, especially for those of us who are competitive.  I probably stopped in my mid-forties.  Keep your head up high, because that's who you are.  Do you recall the expression, "Down in the dumps?"  I don't here that much anymore.

FROM LBP:  I am reading this while snacking on a piece of cheese. It's a comfort food weakness that I gave into.  OK. Back to my "tidying up."===JACK:  Do you have any (motivating) slogans at work?  IMB used to have a "THINK" plaque on every employee's desk.  I wonder if they still do?  ...or if Nike workers told to "JUST DO IT!" 

FROM PRAW IN ILLINOIS:  And because I am a  child of  God! ===JACK:  Tryggere kan ingen være etc.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  I get mY workout with housework and gardening.  Can't wait to get out there.  I love the idea of a work out gym where they don't judge though. Great idea===JACK:  Gyms were for basketball, not workouts, in "my day."  Altho when I was in Elementary School we climbed poles and ropes in gym class...and were timed for how long it took to get to the top.  FUN

No comments: