Monday, May 02, 2022

 Jack’s Winning Words  5/2/22

“If my mind can conceive it, if my heart can believe it, I can achieve it.”  (Muhammed Ali)  Boxing champion Ali, was not only outstanding in his sport, but he also was clever with words.  “I float like a butterfly, but sting like a bee”  Today’s quote also shows that he was a positive thinker.  Many of us were introduced to the power of positive thinking by The Little Engine That Could.  “I think I can.  I know I can!”  Are you facing some problem?  Explore some possibilities as to how the problem can be solved.  Say, “I will find a way!”  Positive thinking worked for Ali; it works for me.  Give it a try!  ;-)  Jack  

FROM THE SCIENTIST:  It will take work, but we will get through this stronger. I know we can.===JACK:   Everything takes works...even the most simple of jobs.  Not only do we need to see the job that is waiting.  We need to be willing to do what needs doing to complete the task.

FROM SMILIN' TERI:  Love this quote.===JACK:  Ali also said: "A man who has no imagination has no wings."===TERI:  Yes, and one of my favorites for I like to think I have done this:  “She took a leap and built her wings on the way down.”

One needs to still be mindful of unnecessary risks, but this quote tells me sometime we make so many excuses “not to move.”  Have a good day and/or have the kind of day you want!===JACK:  We're getting ready to go back and live in Minnesota for a few months.  Hope to return to Michigan in August.


FROM FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR TOM:  Jack - what memories!!  My Mom said I would read and re-read the Little Engine That Could!!===JACK:  My first Winning Words were these: "Virtue is learned at mother's knee.  Vice is learned at other joints."  

No comments: