Thursday, May 26, 2022

 

Jack’s Winning Words  5/26/22
“When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive – to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.”  (Marcus Aurelius)  I’ve never thought of Marcus as being a real person (except that one of my seminary classmates was actually named, Marcus Aurelius).  I learned of the first Marcus in my study of philosophy.  I was impressed by his writings (Meditations).  He was referred to as the last of the Good Emperors of Rome…like having a President that everyone admired (not even Abe was liked by everyone).  Do you enjoy life as Marcus did?  …to be alive, to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love?  ;-)  Jack


FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  good one, Jack! i love your historical perspectives.  blessings on your day. ===JACK: good one, Jack! i love your historical perspectives.  blessings on your day. 


FROM GOOD DEBT JON:  I get a daily newsletter  Marcus Aurelius is a prominent topic with Ryan Holiday.  I am reading a few of his books.  I find stoicism a good starting point in business, not acting too quickly tempering your words (Proverbs) and not reacting politically and emotionally when the situation does not call for it (which is almost always).  I find the Stoics generally helpful in my daily Christianwalk.===JACK:  Stoicism seems to help me deal with the stuff that's going on in the world today...and even with personal stuff.


No comments: