Monday, May 09, 2022

 Jack’s Winning Words  5/9/22

“When the foundations are being destroyed, what can the righteous do?”  (Psalm 11:3)  Watching the world news these days is frustrating.  The reports and pictures coming from the Ukraine are beyond belief.  Direct intervention could mean the use of nuclear weapons which would bring devastation beyond belief for the whole world.  What can the righteous do…beyond prayer?  My “part-time” community in Minnesota has a group called, Cultural Bridges which works to bring understanding and harmony among the different cultures in the area.  What more, do you think, can be done to bring “Peace on earth and goodwill to all?”  ;-) Jack

FROM HONEST JOHN:  A powerful military….and a great espionage system====JACK:  Wow!  I didn't expect that from you.  I was expecting something more philosophical or religious. 

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  so there's this huge war going on but no one cares? meanwhile china has 180 million people locked down bc of cooooovid. seems only "some lives matter."===JACK:  You hardly know what to believe these days.  Even "seeing is believing" is under suspicion.  I control what I can control.  Is there a God.  Is God fake, too?  How far will you let "faith" (any kind) take you?

FROM WILLMAR REV:  The advice given Israel of old by God Himself to their king, Solomon (noted for his wisdom), might do us all well today: ". . . if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land" (2 Chronicles 7:14).  0;-)===JACK:  Who are "My People?"  Were Christians a part of that, or just the Jews?  How wide is the net that encompasses "my People?"  ....just giving some thought ideas to test our beliefs.===REV:  I believe it was at the minimum, God speaking to Israel…I’m just suggesting it might do us well to call upon the name of Israel’s God, or those who call upon His name today, or the one who spoke to Hager, the mother of Ishmael…the One you and I call upon…if there is another out there who can “turn this unwelcome tide of unrest”, be my guest?! 0;-)===JACK:  I can't can't stump you.  That's why you're such a good community chaplain.===REV:  You are too kind, Jack!! Thank you for your compliment! 0;-)


FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  good question,  Jack.  i need to ponder it a bit more ===JACK:  Greater minds than mine (or possibly yours) have still not arrived at an working answer.

FROM SK IN SJ:  Much much Prayer! 

FROM CPA MIKE:   If everyone believes in Jesus truly believes and lives accordingly.===JACK:  Who is Jesus?  and what does it mean - Loves accoringly?

 

No comments: