Wednesday, May 25, 2022

 Jack’s Winning Words  5/25/22

“O for a book and a shady nook…”   (John Wilson)  My favorite libraries have been The one in my hometown with name Carnegie over the door.  It’s where I truly learned to appreciate books.  My 2nd favorite is the Denkmann Library at Augustana College where I learned the meaning behind the words in a book.  As for books, my favorite is Only In America by Harry Golden.  Surprisingly, the runner-up is one that I never really read, cover to cover, but had a big influence on my life: The Man On The Balcony (I’ve forgotten the author).  Isn’t that strange?  Reading a book can help us slow down and think, instead of just reacting to the latest social media rants.  What book helps you do that?.;-)  Jack

FROM WILLMAR REV:  “It’s the B I B L E,   hat’s the Book for me,  I stand upon the Word of God The B I B L E!   0;-)===JACK:  I'm not surprised.  Are yopu surprised that I know that song?

FROM DANDI SANDI:  Spoken like a ‘socialized introvert’, which I call myself. The only thing I like better is family and friends around me. A combination makes a perfect day!!📚🤓💕===JACK:  I have mixed feelings about "giving away" my library...but, on the bright side, it's like giving away friends to friends.

FROM BB IN CHGO:  Have you ever seen the Arbor-Readum that uncle Dan constructed for the children on the Michigan property?  It’s been well over a decade but he basically made a simply treehouse in view of the cabin and the water and threw a pillow and blanket up there.  The absolute best!===JACK:  That sounds like the perfect nook for reading a book.  Was it big enough for adults, or was it just sized for children?

 


No comments: