Tuesday, May 10, 2022

 Jack’s Winning Words  5/10/22

“If you could ask God for anything, what would you ask?”  (Three Minutes a Day)  At the supper table one day, the 11-yr-old son of the Gonzalez family asked: “If God were here and you could ask him  anything, what would that be?”  It provided for a lively family discussion.  Now, imagine if God were sitting next to you right now, is there a question that you might ask?  The truth is that God IS by you, right now!  Go ahead…ask Him your question.  If there’s a child in your family circle, ask for their opinion.  If there’s a friend, sibling, spouse, ask them…”If you could ask God for anything…?”   ;-)  Jack

FROM BB IN CHGO:  Great to see your thoughts this morning.  You’ve stumped me this time.  I think it’s a great question for family (or any) discussion.  Your post made me think of an article I read several years ago and just found.  I thought you might enjoy the “36 questions” with your sweetheart.  I’ve not done them as proposed but printed the list and worked on them over several dinners.  They made for interesting and insightful conversation in my book.===JACK:  Meals are for more than just eating.  Think of some thought-provoking question to ask when you and your children next break bread together.

No comments: