Friday, January 03, 2020

Jack’s Winning Words 1/3/20
“Honest to God…from my lips to your ears!”  (Jeremy, the car dealer)  Not surprisingly, a recent poll shows nurses to be the most trusted professionals.  Politicians are listed as the least trusted, followed closely by car sales people.  Polls are interesting, but not always trustworthy.  I know politicians personally who are truth-tellers.  As I came to know Jeremy, I came to believe his lips which said, “I’m an Irish-Catholic, too!”  More importantly, can people believe our lips?  ;-)  Jack  


FROM SF IN FL:    My mom said that and now I say it too!!! So funny to hear it!! ===JACK:  For me, it was the first time.  It really got my attention and caused me to believe that what Jeremy was saying was really sincere.===SF:  I grew up hearing these words. I say it often.===JACK:  In another life you might become a car dealer.===SF:  Unlikely… LOL!

FROM BB IN CHGO:  I love Walter’s writing, at least his old essay “searching for God in unlikely places.”  Have you read this new one yet?  Think I will add to my wish list. ===JACK:  We gave David the book when he got his MBA.  It's easy to order online, new or used...Probably a keeper.
FROM WALMART REV:  From my heart to His, to yours for the liking:-- "How lovely on the mountains are the feet of Him who brings good news, good news, Announcing peace, proclaiming news of happiness. Our God reigns, Our God reigns!" (Our God Reigns, Bill Gaither). That's what we have been about, Jack, all this prior years and the same in these years that remain. Happy to have you been apart of my life and ministry. Happy New Year!! 0;-)===JACK:  Did you ever serve as a Santa Claus for children?  Does "from my lips to your ears" apply to a conversation like that?===REV:  I did serve as a "Santa" a few years with the W B Parks and Recreation for the Senior Adults (like the ones meeting at H S Lutheran) . . . I would think that phrase would fit for any setting you or I would find ourselves in. If I remember correctly, I first heard that phrase spoken from an Iranian while in W B and it came with a hand gesture touching one's heart then to their lips and then on up above their heads. Do you recall anything like this? 0;-)===JACK:  I'll have to ask my Chaldean friend, Sharkey, about that gesture you described.  It seems like a good one.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  I sure hope they can!===JACK:  Honest to God...too!

FROM DB IN WB:  Yesterday I went to the movies to see “A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood” featuring the story of a cynical journalist who meets Fred Rogers and having his life transformed.  Perhaps you have seen it. But if you haven’t, I highly recommend it. In fact, I have thought of seeing it again before it leaves the movie theaters. As I lay in bed reflecting, there were a few parts that maybe I missed and couldn’t remember the tie-in. I didn’t sleep well last night, the movie got me thinking.  None-the-less,  I could hear a few sniffles around me. I assumed it was from people touched and not seasonal allergies/colds.  I would appreciate the Mr Rogers’ show now as an adult more than I did as a child.===JACK:  The passing years help us to appreciate things/events/people more than we did when they actually appeared in our lives.  Fred Rogers is just one.

No comments: