Thursday, August 01, 2019

Jack’s Winning Words 8/1/19
“Expect the best, plan for the worst and prepare to be surprised.”  (Denis Waitley)  “Are you in good hands?”  Allstate implies that it’s good to buy insurance from them.  I’m a believer in insurance:  life, health, long-term care, homeowners, car.  I’ve filed claims on all of them, except for life.  So, the flooded basement and the fender bender(s) have been taken care of.  BTW,  some people refer to their minister as their “Eternal Life Insurance Agent.”   ;-)  Jack


FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  so how much do they pay the last agent that you mentioned???:):):) ===JACK:  "I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread."  (Psalm 37:25)  For Scripture says, "Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain," and "The worker deserves his wages."  (1 Timothy 5:18)===PAUL:  So true!

FROM RS IN TEXAS:  I like the "Eternal Life Insurance Agent" and know I am definitely in the good hands (and grace) of the owner of the company he represents.===JACK:  I've always liked dealing with an insurance agent who is my friend...someone I can trust. This includes pastors.  

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Certainly health insurance is a must, tho some go without, (They're not "In Good Hands!", unless God is their Healer!)  My S.S. lesson this week is on "From Materialism to Devotion."  When do we have "enough".the age-old question! Most of can, and do, get along without luxurious, high-priced cars, cosmetics, furniture and worldwide vacations, etc. But we can probably still share a whole lot more than we do... Hopefully, we reach an acceptable balance, in God's eyes, tho we ARE so rich compared to the masses of the world!===JACK:  Some people continuously live with guilt, because they have so much.  I've read that Kagawa could never keep a shirt on his back, because he would always find people who needed things more than he did.  And the, there are people in poverty who are continually jealous of those who have more than they do.  Guilt and jealousy disrupt the enjoyment of life.

FROM ES-F:  I like the concept, Eternal life insurance agent, then what is God. The Insurance agency owner?===JACK:  The Allstate ad says it best..."You're in good hands..." when you trust in God.  Several years ago this song was popular...
Put your hand in the hand of the man
Who stilled the water
Put your hand in the hand of the man
Who calmed the sea
Take a look at yourself
And you can look at others differently
Put your hand in the hand of the man
From Galilee

No comments: