Tuesday, August 13, 2019




Jack’s Winning Words 8/13/19
“The sole purpose of a child’s middle name is so he when he hears it, he can tell he’s really in trouble.”  (Unknown)  There are baby books for children’s names.  How about one for middle names: Thunder, Mayhem, Rocket, Eulalie.  Use one of those as your middle name.  How does it sound?  Rocket would get my attention.  First, middle, last…our names identify us.  In that sense, whatever our names might be, they’re important.  Is there a story behind yours?   ;-)  Jack

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  My mother was shocked to have twins: Her first words were "Twins! How in the world can I play golf with twins?!"  I think it did impede her game for several years! :-) But she also played a lot of tennis...a girl, after an admired friend, so came up with matching middles names  for me, with Marilyn Jean. I tried to switch to Jean in Jr. High so
we would be Janet and Jean, but had been Marilyn too long, and it didn't take! I'm just happy to have a "normal" name, and not some of these off-the-wall ones that seem to be prevalent today! ===JACK:  Your mom could have given you the middle name of "Monroe," and then you would have been famous.  In fact, Marilyn Monroe's "real" middle name is "Jean."

FROM HONEST JOHN:    My Grandfather’s name....Henry....”Heinrich”. ===JACK:  When someone asks for your John Henry, it means they want your signature. The use of John Henry to refer to a signature became popular in the western United States, fifty years after John Hancock signed the Declaration of Independence. Signing your John Henry is cowboy slang.

FROM HY YO SILVER:  Hi Hy!===JACK:  Hy as a name for boys ) is of Hebrew  origin, and the name Hy means "life; my brother is exalted.  I should now refer to you as: "Exalted one!"

FROM HAWKEYE GEORGE:  My new great grandson's middle name is George, to honor me. So when he misbehaves and his middle name is used, it reflects on me?? ===JACK:  "I cannot tell a lie!"  Did you live up to that?

No comments: