Friday, August 23, 2019

Jack’s Winning Words 8/23/19
“Smile when you answer the phone.  The caller will hear it in your voice.”  (Unknown)  Can you imagine a job as a telephone solicitor?  (I hang up) Yesterday I decided to answer every sales call with a smile and try to have a brief pleasant conversation.  Mixed results, but I hope it broke someone’s boredom. (robos weren’t interested)  At times, jobs can drag and be boring.  A smile and a kind greeting might cause the movie line, Make my day!, come alive.    ;-)  Jack  


FROM GOOD DEBT JON:  It works===JACK:  I can imagine that Jesus smiled at people. 

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:   when Clint Eastwood said,  "go ahead and make my day", it usually meant he was about to shoot someone!:):):)   that line was used in several Dirty Harry movies as i recall. ===JACK:  I think that what I was trying to do is called, juxtaposition.===PAUL:   i always thought that was kind of cool word!

FROM BB IB CHGO:  Aren’t you something?  Hooray for the “college try” in answering the phones – all of them – with a smile.  We attended a concert at Ravinia on Wednesday which was a celebration of Charlie Chaplin’s music and his famous, “Smile” which was always one of my father’s favorite tunes.  The whole performance made me smile.===JACK:  Chaplin was very talented, more than he's usually given credit for.  "Smile" is one of my all-time favorites, too.

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  I only answer when I know the person calling! The name comes up on the tv or on the phone! It just makes life easier!===JACK:  Telemarketing is someone's job.  My grandson was once a "cold caller."

from outhouse judy:  My granddaughter recited a sign for me I have on my mantel.  I didn’t even know she saw it!  It reads “One smile can change the world.”  I believe it.    Ps we have been camping.===jJACK:  Might I suggest that you put a picture of her smiling next to that sign.
    

No comments: