Thursday, August 29, 2019

Jack’s Winning Words 8/29//19
“Focus on the Good!”  (The Christophers)  This ad caught my attention --  Focus on the Good (prayer cards).  I continued to read the text…“Help Me to Focus – on the good in others – on the good in life – on the good…so, I can help change things for the better…so, I can be a greater channel for light and peace in the world. I think that those are great goals.  The cards are called, “A Positive Perspective for Daily Life”.  If I get 100…any ideas for using them?   ;-)  Jack  


FROM VW MARY:  Leave some in your church, put one in any personal mail you send, maybe hand some out....send me one!===JACK:  "Send me one" are 3 words that say I must actually follow through and place the order.===VWM:  Good idea! Yesterday my most long-standing friend(70 years) died. She was a blessing in my life....On my way this morning to Niagara on the Lake.... JACK:  Not many of us have a friend lasting for 70 years or more...A real blessing, for sure!

FROM TRIHARDER:  I don't see much children enough. They both live exceptionally busy lives and free time competes with their mother and their mates' families. I've learned to focus on the positive  -- the time that I do get to spend with them. It came from a book in which "focus on the  positive was its central theme. I hope you're feeling well and have a wonderful holiday weekend. ===JACK:  Older people might remember bandleader Guy Lombardo and his song: "Enjoy yourself. it's later that you think.  Enjoy yourself, while you're still in the pink."  Facebook seems to say that you're finding ways to do that.  Family tops my list, too.  "The years go by as quickly as a wink."  Focus on the good!

FROM GOOD DEBT JON:  Amen===JACK:  Amen is a "churchy" word meaning, "I agree."

FROM LS IN MI:  As I awaken looking forward to reading your winning words and feel connected to you,  you,   could each morning awake to look forward to reading a card to connect with the one who authored the cards.  Infusing your creative mind with affirmations will inspire you for the day as reading your winning words does for me. ===JACK:  Writing WWs for next week is waiting.  It will get done some how, some way.  It's called, INSPIRATION!  I rely on it...a lot.

FROM RJP IN NAPLES: Use one every Friday for the next two years and call  it Focus Friday ===JACK:  How often did you have a meeting with your sales people?  Was there a theme?  Focus on the good?  Positive?

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  can you turn them into some kind of card game?===JACK:  How about taking an Old Maid deck and pasting a Winning Word to each pair...with Focus on the Good  pasted on the Old Maid?===SP:  i like it.   wonder if they could also do that on some of the card decks used in Vegas?? ===JACK:  I just came across a deck titled, POLITICARD, with a quote printed with each face.  You can choose whose face might be shown on the Joker.===SP:  that would not be a hard choice to make!    i saw a bumper sticker the other day.  it read: when you elect a clown, you get a circus!===JACK:  That might refer to some "pastoral calls", too.

FROM QUILTING CAROL:  I have a book titled “P.S. I Love You”.  When our kids were in college I’d write them weekly letters or notes and include one of the P.S. quotes.  They never commented on them, but know they loved getting mail from home. “P.S. Did you hear the story about the optimist and the pessimist?  The optimist goes to the window every morning and says, ‘Good morning, God.’ The pessimist goes to the window and says, ‘Good God, morning!’  I’ve always loved your optimism. I love you, Mom”  Hope you have a “Good morning God” day!===JACK:  A copy of the P.S. book might make a great Christmas gift to each of them this year.   https://www.amazon.com › PS-Love-You-Cecelia-Ahern

FROM NORM'S BLOG:  Yesterday I wrote about putting a smile in your voice to make your day better and Jack left this comment – “SOMETIMES////EASIER SAID THAN DONE”. I suppose that I could return his comment as a comment on his post this morning.  "Focus on the Good" (The Christophers)!  It is sometimes very hard to focus upon the good because there is so much noise made about the bad. The evening news casts provide a prime example. Both local and national news shows seem to be focused 
upon telling us about all of the bad that has occurred.===JACK:  There is a "Mute" button on the clicker. 

FROM DAZ IN CO:  Kathy and I both try to focus on the good because it make life so much better. If only we could more people would try focusing on the good . I guess that should be our prayer. ===JACK:  I pray that the focus of our country today might be on the common good.

FROM FEEDSTOR:  I love short, daily or weekly notes, quotes, etc. I am going to look up the prayer cards you mentioned below. I believe they might be helpful in any home or workplace!===JACK:  I will be ordering some today...and I'll be ordering some extras for you.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Wonderful suggestion! 


No comments: