Thursday, August 22, 2019

Jack’s Winning Words 8/22/19
“I don’t need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better.”  (Plutarch)  Some people may like to have toadies around them.  Yes, sir!  No, sir! I agree, sir!  Maybe you’ve seen it.  What’s it like in your circle?  In mine there are lots of laughs.  We don’t always agree, but we go home smiling…and ready for next week.  I wonder if Plutarch had cronies that he hung out with in Delphi?  Do you have a crony?  ;-)  Jack 


 FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  so what do we do with a Prez who demands blind loyalty over all else?===JACK:  What do we do?  The ballot box is the American Way to Make America Great Again!===PAUL:  AMEN TO THAT!     and hopefully the election will be free and fair with no corruption of any sort!===JACK:  ...as they used to say in the Chicago: "Vote early, and vote often!" ===PAUL: Words to live by!!    before you go to jail for ballot box tampering😀

FROM JT IN SJ:  Well written.  The winning words are an amazing legacy to you.  I can’t imagine how you do them again and again and again!!!===JACK:  Jesus once told a parable indicating that people are given different talents.  We each do our own thing.

FROM DAZ IN CO:  That's one thing about living in a retirement community, you have a variety of friends who fit in various of those categories you mentioned and that makes life interesting.  ===JACK:  Church and the Optimists provide me with many friends...a variety of them!

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  i am that friend! 😂===JACK:  Thanks!

FROM KF IN WB:  You can be my crony 😀===JACK:  Yep!  We always seem to have something to talk about.

No comments: