Wednesday, July 31, 2019





Jack’s Winning Words 7/31/19
“All that I have seen teaches me to trust the creator of all that I have not seen.”  (Emerson)  Some claim that the Moon Landing never happened…that it was staged.  A  NASA engineer is a friend of mine and assures me that Neil Armstrong really did walk on the moon.  Without need for proof, I take him at his word.  My belief in a God, who is the source of all, is not based on proof.  Something within me says that what I’ve read and heard is true.  I call it, my faith.   ;-)  Jack

FROM DB IN WB:  Asking for a piece of your wisdom ……. How do we frame it in our mind (in order to have serenity) when we see so much turmoil in the news and our fellow man acting like such idiots?===JACK:  I trust that, in the end, God sorts all things out.  There is a final judgment.  "The wrong shall fail, the right prevail". I can't control idiotic behavior, but I can control my own.

FROM KZB IN THE MOUNTAINS:  I was reading The Lutheran the other night, the article about where people see God.  I thought to myself “nature”, and looked out the window...  this is what I saw!
(JACK:   Beautiful mountain sunset pictures.  Unable to attach.  Sorry)  The brilliant rays concentrated into that orange hovering light, right above that angel cloud (third picture).  How’s that for God saying goodnight?!  What a show off! 😍===JACK:  Jesus is not meant to be a picture of God, but a show and tell of how he wants us to live.  p.s.: You probably know the NASA engineer.

FROM GUSTIE MARLYS:  Amen

FROM BB IN CHGO: What a nice quote today; thanks for sharing and for the inspiration always. ===JACK:  Don't let the human evils hide the Godly marvels.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Yes, no matter how many doubts about our faith we resolve, the mystique of God is such that it will always rely on faith to be a believer in what we have seen and heard, and still have NOT seen and heard. There are always cynics who seem to fly in the face of fact and even first-person journals, photographs and recorded movies to say "It never happened". Boggles my mind!===JACK:  Synonyms for "boggle"...blow, bobble, bollix (up), boot, botch, bugger (up), bumble, bungle, butcher, dub, flub, fluff, foozle, foul up, fumble, goof (up), louse up, mangle, mess (up), muck up, muff, murder, screw up===OAKS:  WOW! Quite a list!! Foozle is new to me! :-) ===JACK:  Now, instead of saying, "It boggles my mind," you can say "It foozles my mind."  Watch people do a double-take.

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  you won't believe this  Jack, but i quoted this exact line in my sermon last Sunday.  let me add two more of my favorites:  :   Gerald Manley Hopkins,  The world is charged with the grandeur of God if we would only stop long enough to notice it.   and from Elizabeth Barrett Browning,  The earth is crammed with heaven and every living plant is alive with God. ===JACK:  Robert Louis Stevenson wrote:  "The world is so full of a number of things, I'm sure we should all be as happy as kings."






No comments: