Thursday, May 27, 2010

Winning Words 5/27/10
“All progress is precarious, and the solution of one problem brings us face to face with another problem.” (MLK, Jr) It’s frustrating, isn’t it? When we solve one particular problem, another seems to take its place. It’s like that in the world and even in our personal lives. The goal is not to erase all problems, but to develop ways to face them when they present themselves, and to do it positively and constructively. It’s not always easy, but let’s not give up. ;-) Jack

FROM SH IN MICHIGAN: It seems like the problem is solved but we still need to come face-to-face with God and even more deeply realize our utter and total dependence on Him. I think the challenge of us with each other is to be always at the ready to point to God when we see a person, friend or enemy, at this critical and crucial uncture. This is a thought-provoking WW but probably one many of us have seen happen time and again. Thanks to MLK, Jr., thanks to you for bringing them to the light.

FROM EMTSINGS IN MICHIGAN: Ain't it the truth!

FROM MOLINER CF: You are so right. Attitude drives altitude.

FROM DM IN MICHIGAN: It's serendipitous how the Spirit directs you to write that which I need to read - when I need it! Thanks, my friend... FROM JACK: Serendipity is sometimes another word for the Holy Spirit.

FROM SG IN TAMPA: That is all true, but it is inspiring,too. Having just attended a graduation at Georgetown University last week and an 8th grade graduation today in Tampa, it is exciting to see all of the young people with their plans for the future now that they have passed this milestone. FROM JACK: Each graduating class can hear the same message, and it is usually appropriate.

FROM AM IN MICHIGAN: You are so right. I had a challenge today. I hung in. Kept cool. Walked away. Challenger came to me later in meeting and apologized for inappropriate behavior. I accepted the apology and I felt good. Never give up is a motto I believe in but keeping calm is sometimes more difficult for
me. It is easier than it used to be. I have been focusing on deepening my prayer life. This is the greatest stabilizer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It seems like the problem is solved but we still need to come face-to-face with God and even more deeply realize our utter and total dependence on Him. I think the challenge of us with each other is to be always at the ready to point to God when we see a person, friend or enemy, at this critical and crucial juncture.
This is a thought-provoking WW but probably one many of us have seen happen time and again. Thanks to MLK, Jr., thanks to you for bringing them to the light.
S.H. in MI