Friday, May 14, 2010

Winning Words 5/14/10
“Intelligent people are always eager and ready to learn” (Proverbs 18:15) Proverbs is sometimes called, The Book of Wisdom. It was one of the first books that got me interested in reading the Bible. I checked, and found that I had underlined these verses: 17:22 …18:24 …20:29 …26:11 …31:10. It might be interesting to see if these are interesting to you, also, or if there are others that are your favorites. ;-) Jack

FROM SH IN MICHIGAN: Heck, now you led me to read all of "Ode to a Capable Wife". A tall order and sort of intimidating but I like 31:25 "Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she laughs at the time to come." FROM JACK: I wonder if you husband is familiar with this chapter.

FROM EMT SINGS IN MICHIGAN: I also like 26:17 FROM JACK: I can't remember seeing that verse before. I like it. By mistake I went to 27:7. That's good, too. 26:11 also is a good one.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: I love it...steatlh Bible study! I can definitely see why you would appreciate Vs 20:29 but 26:11 surprised me a little. And 31:10-29 was read at my mom's funeral by the grandkids. She had the best funeral ever and my dad the second best! They were truly special and especially loved by the grandkids and great grandkids. Anyway, my6 favorites are 20:11, 14:15, and 16:3 & 24, but I could sit here all day and point out verses I like. It's a wonderful book of the Bible. One of my favorites. Ruth is another one.
FROM JACK: Stealth Bible study?....I like it. I always enjoyed teaching Proverbs. There are so many "hidden" truths in that book. Some you could call, Winning Words

FROM THRIVENT TOM IN MICHIGAN: You've hit one of my very favorite books also. Although I've not yet looked up yours, Mine is 1:7. I'm known at church as the "Fear of the Lord" guy. FROM JACK: It's too bad that many people see the word "fear" as meaning "to be afraid of." I'd like to think that the people in your church see you as one who has great respect and awe with regard to the Lord. I see you in that way.

FROM MO IN ILLINOIS: I like those...tho how about extending 31:10 through 31?! The whole ode...what a wife! :-) Contrast with 25:24! Also 25:11-12, 26:21, 27:2... Your saying is true...life-long learning is a pleasure to intelligent people!! FROM JACK: I figured that the readers would become so interested that they would continue on to the end of the chapter. Someone called it, a stealth Bible study.

FROM PRPH IN MINNESOTA: so THIS is where you get all your wisdom!! you and Solomon would have made a good team, if in fact he wrote the book.

FROM JG IN MINNESOTA: I have three of the five Proverbs verses you mentioned marked in my Bible, also. There are so many in Proverbs, but I think 16:3 and 15:13 are special, too. I trust all is well with you. We have had a beautiful day! Everyone welcomed the sun, after lots of clouds and some rain this week. It is always good to read the Winning Words you send each day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heck, now you led me to read all of "Ode to a Capable Wife". A tall order and sort of intimidating but I like 31:25 "Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she laughs at the time to come."
S.H. in MI