Friday, August 03, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 8/3/07
“When you really trust someone, you have to be okay with not understanding some things.”
(Real Live Preacher) This is good advice for us to use in personal relationships. It also works in a spiritual sense. When we really trust God, we don’t have to understand everything. It’s okay to have questions. There’s a gospel song that I like: We’ll Understand It Better By And By.” ;-) Jack


FROM GOOD DEBT JON IN OHIO: Would it be any fun to live if we understood everything? It could be paralyzing to understand everything; as it is we all get to smile and think we know.

FROM S.A. IN MICHIGAN: All of your Winning Words are good - but today's are exceptional. Someone I love dearly has been made a "questionable" decision (questionable to me, I suppose). The words really struck my heart - Yes, I really trust her. Yes, I will have to be okay with not understanding some things.

FROM M.L. IN ILLINOIS: it is good to live life with blind faith.

MORE FROM M.L.: are you concerned? the world that has been created for us is pretty perfect and if we follow our instincts, with faith, need we see with our eyes? i think not. love, mary, deepok, ghandi, mother teresa, mr. rogers, j.c. and co.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, I found the one thing necessary was that I could understand there is a loving God behind everything. Than the questions became bearable and didn't continue to drive me crazy. Also I believe the loving God will, in due time, help me to understand the things that it will be good for me to understand in my lifetime if it is good for building His Kingdom.