Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 8/29/07
“Just because you made a mistake doesn’t mean you’re a mistake.”
(Georgette Mosbacher) I’m following up with this quote because of some of the responses I got to what Sophia Loren said yesterday. G.M. is a motivational speaker for business, political and non-profit causes. Her message is this….Leave the past behind and move forward to enjoy the present and the future. Sometimes it’s easier said than done. ;-) Jack

FROM M.L. IN ILLINOIS: the proverbial baggage can get pretty heavy sometimes. we need to stop, unpack some stuff, and forgive ourselves. then we can travel on with forward focus.

FROM J.L. IN MICHIGAN: On a side note: some of the biggest laughs in my life have come from my mistakes. Mistakes don't have to be life-stopping.....such as the time I followed Gary into the world's biggest men's room....somewhere on Wayne State's campus...or the time I was shopping at K-Mart and thought I grabbed Gary's hand. I pulled him all over the place, only to look a few isles over to see him standing there. I had grabbed some fella hand, and he just went right along with it. Imagine my shock! Little mistakes, but laughable! Most mistakes aren't tragic, and the ones which are....are forgiven by a loving merciful God.

JACK'S RESPONSE: I LAUGHED AS I PICTURED YOU HOLDING THAT MAN'S HAND. I THINK GOD SOMETIMES LAUGHS AT US.

FROM M.R. IN DETROIT: “It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.” -G. K. Chesterton

FROM GOOD DEBT JON IN OHIO: I don’t have any comment for today’s winning word, but this just came to my email box, it seems to be a well phrased reiteration of many Bible verses.
"Happiness depends upon the quality of your thoughts. Entertain no notions unsuitable to virtue and reasonable nature." Marcus Aurelius121-180, Roman Emperor

RESPONSE FROM JACK: When I was in seminary one of my classmates was named Marcus Aurelius.

FROM L.K. IN OHIO: I wonder if God ever wonders if giving us free will has proved something of a mistake.

RESPONSE FROM JACK: God doesn't make mistakes.

FROM MOLINER, J.T.: Good advice. but sooo difficult to live by.

No comments: