Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 8/14/07
“Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker.”
(Denis Waitley) I came across this one in my reading yesterday. To me, teacher is a positive word, while the connotation of undertaker is negative. Somewhere along the line I was introduced to a positive way of looking at things. What circumstances colored your way of looking at things? ;-) Jack

FROM M.L. IN ILLINOIS: at some of the toughest times in our lives, my mom would tell us, "if you don't laugh, you cry." we did alot of both and still do. laughter is more abundant!

MORE FROM M.L.: memories are wonderful! we need to remember that we have the power to create good or not-so-good ones. they are, after all, what we have to look forward to!

FROM P.O. IN MICHIGAN: I'd have to spend some time thinking about where and how it happened --- I just know that I'm thoroughly grateful to be able to 'accentuate the positive'!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Within three years I suffered three miscarriages, lost three babies. I was so fastened on "Thy Will be done" that all I could think about was the undertaker had taken them. A Lutheran Pastor had to teach me that the whole thing is "Thy Will be done in heaven as it is on earth." Then I really understood that God had given these children a new home with Him. And that was finally a blessing to me too.

Anonymous said...

It really is "on earth as it is in heaven". If someone has the job of undertaker, does God have the job of overgiver?