Friday, August 24, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 8/24/07
“Make one person happy each day and in 40 years you will have made 14,600 human beings happy for a little time, at least.”
(Charles Willey) Let’s see; how old will you be in 40 years? Oh, maybe we should forget that and just concentrate on making one person happy today. Who’s your target? ;-) Jack


FROM N.L. IN INDIANA: I MAKE A LOT OF KIDS HAPPY AT THE MUSEUM AS A PALEONTOLIGIST. I TALK TO THEM ABOUT SUPER CROC THAT LIVED 65 MILLIONS YEARS AGO,10 TONS A DESCENDENT OF THE ALLIGATOR.

MORE FROM N.L.: Today is about making people happy, so you tell N.L. of the slight typo in his post about the Super Croc: “Wouldn’t this “super Croc” of necessity have to have been an ancestor? A descendent comes later, I believe. The Croc was definitely antebellum.” I am sure most of us are too kind to say anything, not an affliction I suffer from, evidently. I generally appreciate constructive criticism that helps me improve.

FROM EMT SINGS IN MICHIGAN: I think that I will concentrate on my Mother today. 75 years ago today she and my dad got married. (he died over 25 years ago, but she is still true blue.) Maybe we will take her out to dinner tonight.

FROM MOLINER, C.F.: If you can do all that, look how happy you'll make yourself....every day of the time.
FROM J.L. IN MICHIGAN: I'll be 96 and happy! It would be wonderful to make just one person happy each day......I will definitely try to do just that....thanks for the reminder! I am going to try to make someone happy....maybe a waitress or waiter because we are eating out tonight. Gary has always been very generous to the staff because Kimberly was a waitress at a Friday's and we know how hard they work.

J.L. FOLLOW UP: I went out to lunch with Lori and Nancy today to discuss the children's bell choir and chorus...I saw an old friend there, and tipped the waiter extra, plus we had a few good laughs.....all happy people!

JIMMY DURANTE SANG IT:
Make someone happy,Make just one someone happy;Make just one heart the heart you sing to.One smile that cheers you,One face that lights when it nears you,One girl you're ev'rything to.Fame if you win it,Comes and goes in a minute.Where's the real stuff in life to cling to?Love is the answer,Someone to love is the answer.Once you've found her, build your world around her.Make someone happy, Make just one someone happy,And you will be happy, too.

FROM S.H. IN MICHIGAN: I think the person/persons I already want to make happy today might be the delivery men of our new shingles.

FROM MOLINER, G.S.: Always my wife first (when I'm not in a sour mood).

FROM F.M. IN WISCONSIN: I have someone for today, my wife, Jewel, for tomorrow, our son, Joel, who 51 and disabled, for Sunday, it is our grandson, Daniel, with MD . . . and though I don't have 40 years to plan, I will do it day by day for as long as the Lord grants.

FROM MOLINER, D.S.: Just keeping Ruth (my wife) happy is a challenge each day, but a pleasant one.

FROM M.L. IN ILLINOIS: these word just make me smile. i think i am on the right track. i have been blessed with happiness and the ability to pass it on for 50 plus years. thanks for reminding me!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

from another Moliner: I am reminded of the old song "Make someone happy"... good plan to follow. (Is the Charles Willey THE Rev. Willey from Moline?) Lots of happy memories of his sermons. Thanks for reminding us of ways to BE happy.