Friday, August 10, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 8/10/07
“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”
(Einstein) Maybe the “crazy” thing is to try something new. Let me know. ;-) Jack.

FROM D.S. IN MICHIGAN: One of my all time favorite quotes. Applies to most of the complaining people in the world.

FROM J.S. IN MICHIGAN: Einstein was a firm believer in cause and effect as being written into the Universe...some people think because of his theory of relativity, it would be the opposite but it was cause and effect that helped lead him to that theory. One of his favorite statements was "God doesn't roll dice"

FROM J.L. IN MICHIGAN: There's that "change" word again....I know you didn't physically say it, but that's what it means to try something new. Why in the world are we so afraid to change things? Just think where we would be if our scientists didn't change their formula's and change their chemicals and accidentally hit upon cures for all kinds of diseases , or the Space Program find all kinds of discoveries, like, the pace maker. Everyday we should try something new, even if it so mundane as to watch a different tv program or a different meal. Wow, sometimes it life changing!!

FROM MOLINER, C.F.: Not true in bowling.

FROM F.M. IN WISCONSIN: Your winning words today speak to me in two directions - one is personally - there are many things which I do over and over - and they help me through the day and life, and there are other things I do . . . over and over, from which I should learn something and then make changes and do things differently. Lord, have mercy on me. Secondly, in terms of our community, the church, our nation, Einstein's word can/should be applied. I am thinking of decisions our church is making on Navy Pier in Chicago maybe someone there ought read this quote - and our nation, with the reliance we have on war as the way to solve global problems - until we change we will not have different results.

FROM P.H. IN MINNESOTA: like Iraq is insane...over and over again...

FROM M.L. IN ILLINOIS: i often hear the phrase, "why bother reinventing the wheel?". the problem with that thinking is sometimes the wheel has a blowout and needs to be changed. trying something new can help re-tread the wheel. just a thought from perhaps a crazy preson. depends on who you ask.

FROM B.S. NEAR ORLANDO: Hi Jack, We pray. I pray that if history could repeat itself, that all children would be required to go to Sunday School or it's equivalent because as my memory serves me,People who were in my Sunday School have had fewer problems, created fewer problems than the general public. Now I realize that I am not doing justic e to a lot of people, to those who did well without the third leg of the milking stool, (school,home, church ), I apologize.

No comments: