Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 8/15/07
“False friends are like our shadow, keeping close to us while we walk in the sunshine, but leaving us the instant we cross into the shade.”
(Christian Bovee) I would rather concentrate on the good friends we have who, as the Bible says, stick closer than a brother. I reminded of the poem by RLS that I learned long ago: “I have a little shadow that goes in and out with me.” Today, say Thank You to someone who walks close beside you. ;-) Jack

FROM J.B., AN IRMAITE: memories are wonderful! we need to remember that we have the power to create good or not-so-good ones. they are, after all, what we have to look forward to!

FROM J.S. IN MICHIGAN: I agree that it is good to concentrate on good friends but it is also very helpful to be aware of false friends because they can really screw up one's
life. I haven't had too many of those...thank heaven...but when I
discover one I do my best to keep them at arm's length. I don't like to
get into confrontations unless necessary but I don't want them too
close....it's like a skunk. I don't mind them hanging around but I don't
want to get too close to them!

FROM J.L. IN MICHIGAN: True friends, who stay by you no matter what, are a blessed gift from God. I don't know what I would do without them. Some friends we choose, and some friends are given to us through marriage, but they are God's angels on earth! Blessings to one of my best email friends!

FROM THE Bs NEAR THE BRIDGE: We learned the same poem, Friend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Pastor Freed. I have more confidence in good things happening knowing you and reading your Winning Words each day.