Friday, July 17, 2020

Jack’s Winning words 7/17/20
“Work is much more fun than fun.”  (Noel Coward)  Have you ever had a job that was more fun than fun?  A listing of the top 10 fun jobs to have includes pet groomer, race car driving instructor, sommelier, fortune cookie writer and Fire Chief.  Being a pastor was not on the list, although I can’t think of a job that I’d like better. As you interact with others who are working, see if you can help make their job more fun. Sometimes all it takes is a smile…even if you are wearing a mask! Is there a dream job that you’d like to have?  ;-)  Jack


FROM TAMPA SIHRL::    orking for eastern and then continental airlines was great fun after learning how to book flights on the computer in 1978 !===JACK:  The "free flights" weren't a bad perk, either.  Even tho both airlines are gone, do you fly free with any others?

FROM LS IN MI:  Good morning.   The job of Mother was the most difficult, rewarding, fun job until I was promoted to Grandma.  The promotion to Grandma came as I was living a purposeful life of gratitude for the “fun “ I was having giving hope, empowering and strengthening my community through each person brought to me.  The added work I am called upon to do with each of my life’s promotions,  I pray for health of mind, body and spirit to continue to do until my last breath is taken.  Here on earth and beyond as I continue to be promoted by the Grace of God.  I say Amen.  =-==JACK:  Time flies!  There aere so many chapters in our life's book, and I'm familiar with several in yours.  Congratulations on being G-d's servant in each one of them. 

FROM SB AT AG:  hank you, Pastor Freed, for your calling as a pastor. Your “Winning Words” are even more of a blessing during this pandemic when we can’t worship in person.===JACK:  As I grow older I find that i enjoy shorter sermons.  Maybe that's just me.

FROM ST PAUL:  we have a good friend who is an dog groomer.  most of the time fun but once in a while she get nipped if not bitten. but she does make good money too. ===JACK:  Once in a while I got nipped/bitten by a parishioner...but once in a wile I also bit back.  ("forgive me, O Lord, for I have sinned)

FROM BB IN CHGO:  Fortune cookie writer sounds pretty fun.  I’ve had some interesting jobs over the years and wanted to have others that I’m glad I never got.  As a child I most wanted to be a trapeze artist.===JACK:  From trapeze artist to bunny to attorney.  A psychiatrist would have fun with that.  There must be a story behind the story.

FROM WILLMAR REV:  ...been there...done it...and even doing it in a smaller fashion this very today...wouldn’t want to be caught doing any other... 0;-)===JACK:  You also had a chance to become a pro bowler.  That would have been fun (for a while).  It's good that you were able to put that behind you.  A pastor wouldn't want to play a game when his mind was sometimes in the gutter ===REV:  I always imagined what it would have sounded like for the congregation to hear their pastor was away this Sunday bowling in the “Budweiser Open===JACK:  It might depend on how much prize money he brought back...and if he were a tither..

FROM SF IN WB:  .Teaching. That was my fun job. 😉===JACK:  Did you model your work after any one teacher that you had?  What's the difference between being a teacher and a principal.  BTW, someone once helped me remember the difference between principle and principal.  The pricipal is to be the pal of the children.  Have you heard of that?===SF:  Yes, I had some teacher models along the way...Mr Krucki and Ms Monaster. They both understood kids. The princiPAL thing...yup! ===JACK:  Our 6th grade principal was an "old maid" who lived in a hotel apt.  One Saturday she invited us "patrol boys" up to her apartment for a party.  We thought that we were special...and the party was special, too...Miss Donnahay.

FROM SALON SUZY:  I’m living my dream job! Love providing services for my clients===JACK:  I'm glad that I'm in your dreamworld.


No comments: