Friday, December 13, 2019

Jack’s Winning Words 12/13/19
“No one can be right all of the time, but it helps to be right most of the time.”  (Robert Half)  Kelly Clarkson has a song in which she says “Good-bye” to a boyfriend who thinks he knows everything about everything.  She calls him, “Mr Know-it-all.”  Perhaps you know someone like that…Right all of the time! I like friends who are humble, who aren’t afraid to admit limitations.  Can you imagine the Last Judgment conversation between Mr Know-it-all and God?   ;-)  Jack


FROM HONEST JOHN:     To be humble biblically means to accept that God is god and we are humans....”What is man that thou art mindful of him?”     And, within this context to always be open to hear new thoughts and perverse thoughts and to strive for the truth....with the recognition that there is a Truth.===JACK:  I would not call you a Mr-Know-it-all, but you are a Mr-know-a-lot.

FROM ST PAUL:  you are up early this morning, Jack.  On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 3:59 AM ===JACK:  Sometimes my robot has a mind of its own.

FROM WALMART REV:  ". . . think there may be some wanting to impeach Him for obstruction and for being a dictator?!" 0;-)===JACK:  Does your "circle of friends" appear to be red or blue?

FROM DB IN WB:  LOL  It would be like the last book of Job ===JACK:  In my Bible there's only one book of  Job.  That must be the last one.===DB:  Yeah, you’re right. What I meant to say was the last chapter …

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: If i only knew half of the stuff I think I do, I’d be a know it all too.  I remember always having to impatiently wait for someone to finish a statement so I could correct them.  Of course, I was a know it all then.     Thankfully, I’m much better and have learned I am not the smarty pants I thought I was.  And, I’ve learned to listen but...I still Jane a long way to go!! ===JACK:  When we learn to listen it's surprising to find out how much new information is out there.






No comments: