Tuesday, December 24, 2019


Jack’s Winning Words 12/24/19
“My idea of Christmas is very simple…loving others.”  (Bob Hope)  One of my favorite carols is “Love Came Down at Christmas” by Christina Rossetti.  One line says, “Love was born at Christmas.”  Yes, there was love before Jesus, but He was love incarnate (love in the flesh).  Bob Hope saw Christmas as “loving others.”  I knew a man who’d take his children each Christmas to work with him at a soup kitchen.  Perhaps you, too, have stories of love in action.   ;-)  Jack   

FROM HONEST JOHN:   I love Rosetti’s “In the Bleak Midwinter.”===JACK:  It's a favorite of mine, too.  I always liked it that I could pick the hymns for the service.  Some churches have the music people do it. 

FROM PR FM IN RACINE:  My favorite, Silent Night – which it will be tonight when a attend church at 10:30 PM===JACK:  I wonder if there's any Christian Church that doesn't sing Silent Night on Christmas Eve.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  “Love all love divine, love came down at Christmas and I know, I know that love is mine!”===JACK:  That second one...I don't know.

FROM GUSTIE:  C did that one year—but there were so many helpers there was nothing to do so they did not stay long.  Good problem I guess.===JACK:  Too many volunteers is a mixed blessing.  I always tried to find something else for those "willing souls" to do. 

FROM TRIHARDER:  Then it's Christmas 24x365===JACK:  Every day's a good day for a mitzvah!

FROM WALMART REV:  A “book of stories” still being written and added to often I would hope...a very blessed recipient of it during this Christmas season! 0;-)===JACK:  
You are writing a gospel, a chapter each day
By the things that you do and the words that you say,
Men read what you write, whether faithless or true,
Say, what is the gospel according to you'


FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  your life is one of those stories, Jack.   have a blessed Christmas Eve. ===JACK:  Mine is longer, but not necessarily better. 
.

No comments: