Thursday, December 05, 2019

Jack’s Winning Words 12/5/19
“Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change.”  (Confucius)  Confucius was a Chinese philosopher who lived about 500 BC.  A form of the Golden Rule is attributed to him.  He stressed the importance of living a virtuous life…especially respecting one’s elders.  Many in China today have taken his teachings and applied them to current workplace situations so, in a sense, Confucius lives again.  Wise and smart people still aren’t afraid of change.”  ;-)  Jack   
.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  The Chinese have been known to take care of their elders.  That’s a beautiful trait.  My grandparents had family members live with them when they got too old to live alone. They took in several.  My parents took in my mom’s father and my grandpa lived with us until he passed away.      We have Gary’s U of M, as we call him (Uncle Mike) living with us.  We enjoy him and he’s enjoying us!     That’s the way it was meant to me.  And now they I’m older, I appreciate even more!!!===JACK:  I like the word...caregivers.

No comments: