Monday, December 09, 2019

Jack’s Winning Words 12/9/19
“I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that is best.”  (Dorothy Day)  Sometimes in conversation with friends I’ve made bold statements about things that I’m going to say or do.  (time..a few minutes or days.. pass)  Am I ever glad I didn’t say (or do) that!  In the olden days coffee had to “perk” for a while in order to be good.  Other expressions…”Don’t go off half-cocked!”  “Don’t come up with half-baked ideas!”  ;-)  Jack


FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  That doesn’t sound like Dorothy Day! But how different the world is these days!===JACK:  I've always thought that acerbic was a word that describes DD's writing.

FROM GOOD DEBT JON:  I heard a comedian once remark, “Jimmy: you are not yourself today, and that’s a good thing.”===JACK: What is it that really defines Jon?  Author?   Song Writer?  Husband?  Grandpa?  More than that?  ---and who am I?

FROM WALMART REV:  "Better left unsaid!"  Good Morning, Jack!!===JACK:  Do you remember the children's song..."Be careful little mouth, what you say?"

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Oh so true!  We really like to exaggerate and make bold statements.   I’d like to say my words were perked to perfection but they’re often weak and under-cooked. ===JACK:  Weak and lukewarm coffee....UGH!

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Yep..It's probably good that we don't follow through with some of our statements, or "promised actions"! Timely WW words today.We can be thankful when "cooler heads prevail" in many situations.===JACK:  Your Bill probably kept you from spouting off at the wrong time and place.

No comments: