Friday, May 17, 2019

Jack’s Winning Words 5/17/19
“We accumulate our opinions at an age when our understanding is at its weakest.”  (G.C Lichtenberg).  I have a large tree in my front yard which began as a scraggly bush transplanted from a vacant lot.  The one who moved it cut off some stems and branches, tied it to a stake and now!...beautiful maple tree.  “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it.” (Proverbs 22:6)  The Book of Proverbs is a favorite of mine.   ;-)  Jack


FROM WALMART REV:  Thank you!===JACKl  As the Willmar Swedes would say..."var så god!"

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  That may be true, but they can and do change through the years, for most of us. We dig a little deeper than we did in our teens and twenties...!===JACK:  I think that the author is referring to our "basics."  At least, in my case, I think that's true.  I have seen changes, of course, but the basics are still there.

No comments: