Monday, May 13, 2019

Jack’s Winning Words 5/13/19
“And now, this is the sweetest and most glorious day that ever my eyes did see.”  (Donald Cargill)  As I first read this quote my mind tried to choose between many glorious days that I’ve experienced.  I was not prepared to read that Cargill said this while walking to the gallows…so great was his expectation of going to heaven.  May 13 is one of my sweetest days ever.  What would be your choice?  ;-)  Jack

FROM WALMART REV:  "Receiving 'Winning Words' once again on this very day in May, 2019!" 0;-)===JACK:  Recently I changed the way of sending out Winning Words.  The new server evidently reviewed the mailing list and must have eliminated some shady characters.  I'm glad that you're back online.

FROM SUES:  May 13th works for me, so far!===JACK:  So far, so good...as the saying goes.

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  May 25th,  my birthday!:):):)===JACK:  Chloe Lukasiak and Ralph Waldo Emerson share your birth date!===PAUL:  then they have honored me greatly!:):):) ===JACK:  Did you have to look up Chloe?

FROM HUNGRY HOWIE:  Sweetest day ever?.....Today and then tomorrow in that order.
Jack, You have the best invocations and opening prayers for sure. I watched the replay of Michigan week and you were a hit. .===JACK:  Don't forget yesterday.  I like that Beatles song.  As far as prayers being a hit, I try to aim them at G-d!

FROM VW MS:  Did you get married on that date? ===JACK:  May 13 was my youngest daughter's birthday...on Mother's Day.

FROM SHALOM JAN:  May 25th, my baptismal date!===JACK:  I can't remember the date of mine...but it happened in the living room of our home...and by a Missouri Synod pastor.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  WOW! That is powerful! I  don't imagine many of us would have thought of our dying day; as the sweetest and most glorious day; of our lives! I would be hard-put to winnow out the sweetest day of all the sweet days my life has held, and I know I am blessed to be able to say that; like Mother's Day yesterday with all the family, and the accolades received as the "Matriarch Mother"!  Would  that I was even half the woman they they portray... but it's sweet!!===JACK:  It was on a whim that I looked up information about Donald Cargill.  Sometimes "the rest of the story" is more interesting than the first part of the story.  Cargill also said that he was looking forward to taking off his ragged clothing and exchanging it for a brand new suit and wearing it as he walked down the streets of heaven.  Did you wear a new dress on Mother's Day?===OAKS:  Yes, I did....a beautiful soft pink sweater set with sculpted roses on it, gifted to me by John's wife . I felt elegant, and received many compliments. :-) Thanking me for taking care of them during their surgery and heart attack recoveries. Isn't that what Mothers do?! Had a great mother's day with church, S.S> and John at the grill with our favorite "Patio Chicken" dish and the rest of us bringing "Pot luck" to share. Ages 4-89...:-)===JACK:  Some holes would have to be made in that dress to accommodate those wings that you will also be wearing as you walk down the streets of gold.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  First of all, Happy Sweetest Day of the Year.  Mine would be May 12...the beginning of the 42nd year of my life with Gary.===JACK:  Has it been a merry-go-round or a roller coaster?



No comments: