Thursday, May 23, 2019


Jack’s Winning Words 5/23/19
“God enters by a private door into every individual.”  (Emerson)  I saw an article…6 Ways to Meet God Without Going to Church.  Lest you get some bad ideas, I also saw…God Meets You Where You Are, And That Can Be Threatening.  Also causing me to reflect was this saying: Wherever you are, I am!...God.  I don’t presume to know how God comes into contact with you, or anyone else.  I have enough to be concerned about when it comes to my own private door.   ;-)  Jack 


FROM TAMPA SHIRLS:  Faith is a great gift!===JACK:  Think of the places where faith is practiced besides in church.  When getting on an airplane (or Ubering), eating in a restaurant, going into an operating room...just to mention a few.

FROM OUTHOUSE HUDY:  He is a Mystery.  How He does what He does and why He does it is something we won’t know until we meet Him.===JACK:  Do we really HAVE TO KNOW?  I like the hymn:  
Yes, Jesus is the truth, the way  That leads you into rest
Believe in Him without delay   And you are fully blessed
Only trust Him, only trust Him  Only trust Him now
He will save you, He will save you   He will save you now 

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  ,,As we were taught many years ago, "He stands at the "door" (of your heart) and knocks". As per the world-famous picture of Christ knocking at the door with no outside doorknob.  He has to be invited in! I just reread  Anita Moorjani's account of her Near-Death experience (Dying To Be Me) which is so  fascinating to me, with her background of Hinduism, Chinese customs and beliefs, and British and Catholic schooling!  She makes
a convincing argument that we ARE God (unconditional love) in essence, and when we cross over to the other :realm" we realize our "magnificence". We need to love ourselves, and all others, as in our souls, we are all connected into "One".  Love her book and its insights! A powerful read!  So by whatever "door" God enters, he is "there" for us!  :-)===JACK:  There has to be another explanation for the words of Jesus, "No one comes to the Father but by me."  BTW, you probably know this song...
Behold, behold!
I stand at the door and knock, knock, knock,
Behold, behold!
I stand at the door and knock, knock, knock,
If anyone hear my voice,
If anyone hear my voice,
And will open, open, open the door,
I will come in.
(Maybe your Sunday School class can  sing it together this coming Sunday)
===OAKS:  I so agree, and even many missionaries come to that conclusion, as they meet devout and wonderful people of many; faiths and beliefs, such as Hindu and Buddha and  Muslim, etc. etc. We are ONE in the spirit!!===JACK:  I'm glad that we're on the same page.  "We are one in the Lord, and we pray that unity will one day be restored."  

FROM WALMART REV:  That “still small voice” gets my attention often! 0;-)===JACK:  If one way doesn't work, God has other ways of capturing out attention.

No comments: