Friday, May 03, 2019

Jack’s Winning Words 5/3/19
“Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don’t say it mean.”  (Unknown)  The word, mean, is a homonym.  So are pen, tire, ring and spring…words that sound the same, but can have different meanings, For example: “I don’t mean to be mean.”  Who says, “English is borrring?”  Back to the quote.  I’ve never liked mean people…in school, at work, even sometimes in church.  For my taste, there’s too much meanness in politics.  Today, say what you mean, nicely!    ;-)  Jack

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  I think mean people are unhappy, and just want others to feel as badly as they do! Their circle of friends must be extremely small! Wallyism: (from a 95 yr. old retired pilot Wally Richardson) "Be kind whenever possible;  P.S. It's always possible!" He volunteers at a school in CA and his sayings are well-known to a host of students and faculty!  He makes every day count, as we TRY to do!===JACK:  Do remember the song, "You're mean to me more than you mean to be?"  We find ourselves in a world where the song could be titled, "You're mean to me just like you mean to be."  I have a hard time loving mean people...even liking them.  Jesus prayed, "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do."  How about when they're mean...and seem to enjoy it?

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAIL...AND FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Amen to this one too!

FROM THE SHARK:  I have been working very hard at doing that my friend with little success unfortunately.===JACK:  "Rome wasn't built in a day."


No comments: