Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Jack’s Winning Words 5/15/19
“Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak.  Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.”  (Churchill)  Glossophobia is a geeky name for fear of speaking in public, and it’s said that 25% of people have this phobia.  Winston Churchill was not only a good speaker, but he had worthwhile things to say..  His speeches were charismatic, simple, precise, inspirational…  with dry humor.  He knew when to stand up and he knew when to sit down, too.   ;-)  Jack

FROM HONEST JOHN:  Wisdom seems wrapped up in that statement as well.===JACK:  In a way, is Churchill, wisdom personified?  ...JOHN:  Or, Lincoln?===JACK:  ...or Jesus!

FROM JT IN ST:  I really appreciated your winning words again today ===JACK:  I like the saying: "God gave us one mouth and two ears,"  Evidently he wants us to LISTEN more

. GROM BLAZING OAKS:  He was indeed a unique leader, and what a character! Last year I read the first ever bio published of Clementine, his loyal and supportive wife...a challenging role to say the least, and I think one of the reasons he could be who he was,  as is often the case with successful men. He's also profiled in "No Ordinary Times", Doris Kearns Goodwin's book about FDR and Eleanor.  But  he certainly had a way with words & courage of his convictions! Good quote! ===JACK:  I visited the place in Missouri (Westminster College) where he gave the famous Iron Curtain speech.

FROM PEE WEE: Amen.===JACK:  I'm glad that we're on the same page.

FROM ME IN NEWPORT BEACH:   One if my life heroes.===JACK:  There were many heroes in WW 2.  Although I did not enjoy it at the time, I am proud to say that I lived during that time.  Your father served in that war, didn't he?

No comments: