Tuesday, February 01, 2022

 

*Jack’s Winning Words 2/1/22
“We need someone who is going to stand up, speak up and speak out for the people who need help, for the people who have been discriminated against.”  (John Lewis)  What better way to begin Black History Month than with a John Lewis quote?  He was truly the voice of conscience for Congress.  That used to be the duty of the body’s chaplain, but “politics”  seems to have muted that voice.  While Lewis’s words are obviously about racial discrimination, I believe  he stood for fairness for all.  “The words of Jesus” guide my conscience.  Do you have a conscience motivator?  ;-)  Jack


FROM EDUCATOR PAUL:  Great WW today.  I’m reading On Tyrany by Timothy Snyder(latest edition). He has so many quotes. Here”s one from Vaclov Havel..a dissident of communist Czechoslovakia in the 1970’s.  “ if the main pillar of the system is living a lie, then it is not surprising that the fundamental threat to it is living in truth“.===JACK:  "I feel as though I'm preaching to the choir."  I don't any response saying, "You've caused me to look at this problem differently."  ...but I keep onb preaching.===PAUL:  I wouldn’t expect anything different  coming from you! 😀


No comments: