Tuesday, March 09, 2021

 

Jack’s Winning Words 3/9/21

“Impossible is potential.  Impossible is temporary.  Impossible is nothing.”  (Muhammad Ali)   I followed, with interest, the life of Ali since he had the name, Cassius Clay.  He was smarter than most people gave him credit for,  Read again the quote.  It really makes sense.  Nothing is impossible!  What were the words of The Little Engine That Could?  “I Thionk I can.  I know I can.  Whatever the problem might be, with God’s help and a positive mind, we will be able to meet it with success.  ;-)  Jack


FROM BLAZING OAKS:  AlLI certainly became more mellow as he aged; He often said, " I want to  go to Heaven"! when asked about his charitable works or kind  comments! He did seem to be smarter than we at first thought! It's good to keep  trying isn't it? With all the  challenges of ageing, You gotta believe you can "cope" successfully!  I just completed a pretty challenging 4 days on the road to visit various relatives from Grays Lake (Chicago) to WI to Moline, IL and back home, which at first I deemed "impossible", but it was doable, and fun and very pleasant, every step of the way!====JACK:  Grayslake!  I used to live there and started Shepherd of the :Lakes Church in  that city.  We left in 1969.  In fact, that's where I met Joan.  She and her family were members of the church.  How was it to go back to Moline.  Changes...but still the same old city.  That's how it is with us.  Changes, but still the same old Jackl, the same old Marilyn.


FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  he did not try to take over the capitol...===JACK:  No he didn't, but he was arrested for refusing to go into the military as a conscientious objector.  His new religion of Islam woulr not allow him to take up arms.  Later on it was discovered that he was serious about his religious beliefs.  He was no longer considered to be a clown.


FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL: Jack,  do you get Netflix movies on your TV.  pay for view,   very cheap.   anyway,  there is a movie,  true story, about a family caught in the 2004(?) tsunami that hit Indonesia.  it's a great movie and it's called, simply,  The Impossible...   and if you want to see another true story of incredible survival i recommend The Twelfth Man.   another great movie.  ===JACK:  "The Impossible" sounds like some thing that would interest me.  I'm into that sort of stuff.


No comments: