Wednesday, March 31, 2021

 

Jack’s Winning Words 3/31/21

“When you cannot answer your opponent’s logic, you can still call him vile names.”  (Elbert Hubbard)  A friend of mine was a champion debater, winning the prestigious West Point Debates while in college.  I’m willing to bet dollars to donuts that he knows an ad hominem when he sees one  During the recent election cycle, politicians often used ad hominems like there would be none left for tomorrow.  I could point out examples, but who wants to relive those campaign speeches?  ;-)  Jack


FROM MAGGIE:  Can’t post on blog site so... Had to look up ad hominem. Stay well, Jack.===JACK:  Now, after looking up ad hominem, try to avoid using them.


FROM JU IN NC:  I try not to listen to one speaking illogically, because I have discovered that a (fool and his word is soon unheard).  How refreshing to hear the still small voice of my Heavenly Father.===JACK:  Sometimes that still, small voice has a way of BOOMING.


FROM LBP:  My teen had to study logical fallacies for a language arts class. There are so many ways to twist folks thinking or to steer a debate off track. Sigh===JACK:  Don't tell me...you are the parent of a teen!D

 

No comments: