Monday, March 29, 2021

 

Jack’s Winning Words 3/29/21

“I don’t  know how to be on Facebook if my life depended on it.”  (Sarah Jessica Parker)  If my name were Mark Zuckerberg I’d be one of the richest people in the world, but I wouldn’t know how to do the simplest stuff on Facebook.  Bill Matlack and Facebook Liz can run circles around me with it.  Sarah Jessica Parker and I are in the same Facebook boat, and for us it's a sinking ship. Facebook and other social media platforms can connect people and enhance their lives, but sometimes users seem to be anti-social. Is Facebook fun for you?  ;-)  Jack

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  fb liz says there are both good and bad aspects to fb. don’t take it too seriously, yet pay attention!===JACK:  I think I know FBLIZ well enough to determine when to take her seriously...and when not to.===FBLIZ:you may be surprised! 😉===JACK:  I know your tricks


FROM DAIRYLAND DONNA:  I love looking at friend's family photos especially their Grandkids. I am also in touch with people from high school I would not be "talking" to without Facebook. Don't like how political it became prior to the election. Better now.  Have a nice Monday.===JACK:  I "do" FB by looking at someone else's pictures and reading their comments.


FROM JULIE'S CHEESE:  Good morning Jack.  I am not getting through to your blog.  Security has me locked out…. Passwords, as usual my nemesis.  I am on Facebook, but I’m not good at it either.  I think Facebook is useful for many.  I am concerned that it fortifies our own thinking silos and easily spreads misinformation.  If any complaint I have, it's too powerful.===JACK:  FB is for nosey people.===JC:  Some of us just are…. Nosey.  We love them .




FROM ME IN NEW PORT BEACH:  I have never used.  My guess is that most friends do.===JACK:  Here's one friend who doesn't.


FROM RS IN TEXAS:  I've found FB can be a great tool to share things with family and friends and only having to "post it" one time.  The real downside to FB....in my opinion....is the false information that is on it, mostly from a politically oriented perspective. That in and of itself has triggered a lot of emotional responses that later people might have regretted because what they responded to was false...or misleading.  It has morphed from what Mark first envisioned it to be into something that is much for far reaching than anyone might have imagined.  I guess like many things in life....it has a bright side and a dark side.===JACK:  I'm glad that you know how to use it.  It keeps me informed as to your actions.

 




No comments: