Monday, March 08, 2021

 

Jack’s Winning Words 3/8/21 

“There’s no excuse for young people not knowing who the heroes and heroines are.(Nina Simons)  I thought it would be easy to identify today’s popular heroes…until I came across the names of Christian Gunter, Robert Kuba and Aitzaz Hasan.  As I read more about their heroic deeds, I had to agree: They are heroes.  Delving further, the names were: Greta Thunberg, Serena Williams and Mike Trout.  Those are what I expected…the kind of hero I had when I was younger…someone who’s a popular icon, an idol..  What makes a modern-day hero, and who is yours?  ;-) Jack


FROM WILLMAR REV:    Mine don’t make the headlines and many of them I’ve laid their body to rest. Faithful men and women throughout our community that are truly missed, especially around our church services. I’m trying to invest my time now introducing myself to some young couples I’m sure God’s grooming for the same for another generation to admire. 0;-)===JACK:  As you lay some heroes to rest...You're right to try and cultivate some new ones among younger people.  God's work goes on and is never done.



FROM HONEST JOHN:  Ernie Banks===JACK:  I totally agree.  "Let's play two."  They don't 'em like him anymore.


FROM DR J:  hmmm… my mom would say I was a 50/50 split between her (creative, spontaneous, adventuresome) and my dad (a planner, logical, perfectionist).===JACK:  I only met your father once or twice.  I wish That I'd gotten to know him better.  I met your mother enough times to know that nthe nut doesn't fall far from the tree.


FROM NORM'S BLOG:  Every era has people that are popularly identified as heroes to us all, usually someone who has done something extraordinary or achieved something that is remarkable. We hold them up to be heroes – people that are worthy of emulation. We want to be like them.   But the concept of someone being a hero in anyone’s life is a very personal thing. Many successful people when interviewed will point back to a teacher or perhaps to their parents or a sibling as a key influence in their life – someone who was a hero to them.====JACK:  While I don't agree with him in many ways, Trump is an example of a hero (to many people).


 


No comments: