Thursday, May 05, 2016

Jack’s Winning Words 5/5/16
“You’re never too old to set another goal or dream another dream.”  (C.S. Lewis)  A reporter once asked a woman in her 90s if she had any children.  She replied, “Not yet.”  Sarah was about that age when God “informed” her that she was going to have a baby.  She laughed.  But, she had always wanted a child, and now her dream was to become reality.  Don’t give up on your dream…or setting a goal.  God isn’t called “omnipotent” without reason.    ;-)  Jack

FROM WRITER BETH:  Some days it's like you're mind reading! Thanks again for the daily perspective.====JACK:  You've probably experienced it, too...ideas just pop into your head.  How does that happen?  It mystifies me.  I'll take it as a gift from God.====BETH:  Gift of God, I think. The universe works in mysterious ways.  I still am freelancing. I'm doing a lot of work for the InterFaith Leadership Council, which I love. And various other projects, including on-going writing for J and J.  I think of you every day when I get my daily email - love it!

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  👍🏻====JACK:  Is there an emoji for thumbs down?  I suppose I could look it up.  (pause while I do it)  There is.

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  is it okay to have a goal that would rid the country of Trump??====JACK:  The goal is to have an open and fair election.===SP:  and we hope that will be the case...====JACK: The Bush vs Gore election was decided by the Supreme Court, and we survived.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  I'd love to know that 90 yr. old! She made me laugh!  There are still some things I haven't done at 86, and hope to do, yet!  My grandson-in-law who works for the Cardinals Org. gave me four tickets (for two Cardinal-Cub games in St. Louis) which is something I've rarely done (once!) at Wrigley. So being a big CUBS fan, I am delighted to have that to look forward to!  I've been to a couple of Cardinal games in the new stadium, but they weren't playing the Cubs!  I still hope to make some trips to see things I haven't seen, as well, and wouldn't it be fun to Para-glide?!  Bungee jumped on my 70th, and rode the 12 story Disney Hot air balloon on my 65th. I'll have to think of something spectacular for my 90th . HA!====JACK:  George H.W. Bush went sky-diving on his 90th birthday.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Do we ever stop dreaming...another vacation, more time...better health...I still dream of becoming a Forest Ranger!====JACK:  Why don't you send in an application to the DNR and see what they have to offer?

No comments: