Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Jack’s Winning Words 5/4/16
“Work is more fun than fun.”  (Noel Coward)  Fun is what gives you pleasure…like riding on Cedar Pointe’s new roller coaster, 20 stories high, with a 90 degree drop at 75 mph.  Normal people might walk in the woods, go to the beach or watch a movie.  I admit that I’m one who found fun in my work.  Noel Coward wrote, Blithe Spirit…that kind of person who is happy and carefree and dances to music no one else hears.  Do you know anyone like that?    ;-)  Jack

FROM JB IN OLV:  Good rainy morning!  Yes I live with one of the people you describe. ====JACK:  ..."for better or worse, for richer or poorer..."====JB:  Almost 51 yrs years later..I can sincerely say life with Bill has definitely not been boring:)

FROM HAWKEYE GEORGE:  John Wooden said, "Make each day a masterpiece." I did not factcheck it.====JACK:  Whether he said it or not, it's something he would say...but, in fact, it is one of his points in what makes a person a success.

FROM RS IN TEXAS:  Someone said if you enjoy what you do it's not work.  Unfortunately many of us struggle with making what we do for a living fun.  Have to keep reminding myself that attitude and mindset can overshadow what might be a not so fun environment.====JACK:  Trump and Sanders seem to be exploiting this..."Are you working more and enjoying it less?"  I would rather concentrate on the positives..."Aren't you glad to have a job and to be able to live in a great country like ours?"  Unfortunately, that kind of talk doesn't make headlines and win elections.

FROM TARMART REV:  Putting my right foot in, taking my right foot out, putting my right foot in and shaking it all about, doing the hokey pokey and turning myself around-- that's what it's all about!! ====JACK:  I thought that the AGs considered dancing to be a sin...or is it just the close dancing? ====REV:  Remembering from my roller skating days in the 5th and 6th grades!! ====JACK:  The last time I was on roller skates they were playing, "Don't fence me in."  It's strange how I can remember that.====REV:  Memories that continue to bring a smile, a remembrance of a friend or a gracious thank you to God for bringing us through that particular unwelcome time past is truly a treasure!!

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  old saying:   if you enjoy your job,   you will never work a day in  your life!   i think we both would agree... ====JACK:  "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy."  I always left room for some play.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Absolutely!  We all love to hum under our breath and dance away!====JACK:  Is that they Chicken Dance that you're doing?====JUDY:  Nope, just old fashioned dancing.  In fact, Kimberly's family goes to a home school Cotillion every year.  It's a very formal event with girls and women in formal gowns and the guys in suits.  They learn the old old dances.  The little grandkids just move their little bodies in what they call dancing!  Their feet are movin' their hands are clappin'  and just have a ball.====JACK:  Ask your grandson what a "cotillion" is.

FROM GUSTIE MARLYS:  Yes, I think I know a few—but I want to say you would not get me near that roller coaster.  I would have a heart attack!!!====JACK:  You probably get seasick in a rowboat, too.

FROM CHESTER THE GOOD:  If you are having fun it ain't work! Never worked a day in my life... even when I delivered ice and coal as a kid. Attitude, attitude, attitude.====JACK:  I still have an old ice pick.  Do you?====CHESTER:  Yes, but I haven't the slightest idea where it is. Used ice tongs to build my railroad tie terraces. They are great for picking up ties.====JACK:  I have a pair of ice tongs, too.

No comments: